Deus Ex/DXHR Inspired Original Music – "The Ghost of White Helix"

iQuercus

"The Ghost of White Helix"

Part of my "Hypothetical Human Revolution Sequel" project. The goal was to create some original Deus Ex music, drawing from both Alexander Brandon and Michael McCann's musical languages.

I'd love to hear your feedback.

Edited by iQuercus

I'm not familiar with the music or story of Deus Ex so I can't compare you to the track's influences, but I feel that you made a nice background track. It sounds like typical filmscore, but reading the text that you provided, I feel that you did a good job of linking the audio and visual elements. My favorite part was when the helicopter was flying into the horizon.

The production I think is very good - nothing stood out to my ears that would be distracting or attract unwanted attention. The piece has a good flow and a decent mixture of synthesizers with 'real' instruments, a trait I associate with the Deus Ex soundtracks.

Nice job!

Hey I checked this out because I'm a huge fan of the Deus Ex series and personally loved DX:HR. While I always found the build up in some of the HR songs to take too long, you did a great job of making the transition seem natural. I especially like the song between 0:59-1:50. I'm by no means an expert in anything music related, only a consumer, but I like what you've done here.