Drumbient (Drum & Ambient)

Drumbient? Moar liek Ambium

I gave it a couple of listens, and boy, do I have some criticism for you.

The whole song feels very stale, very static. Even with the main pad breathing in and out, everything else seems quite stiff and mechanical. There isn't a whole lot of dynamics with your drums or leads.

Your piano and flute have no sense of humanization, as well as sounding very loopy. Repeating the same patterns with no variation tends to get dull.

The overall mixing is also flat. I know soundcloud and youtube likes to compress the songs sometimes, but I don't believe that's the case here. There's subtle yet noticeable distortion through-out the track (when the piano comes in @ 1:36, when the kick hits at the beginning of the tune, etc.)

So some quick advice:

- Practice on mixing. Learn some tips and tricks to get the most out of your sounds and space in the mix.

- Work on humanization if you're trying to incorporate live sounds. A little finesse and personalization goes a long way.

- Have variation. You can have patterns that repeat, but you shouldn't have sections that sound the same. Having one-shot sounds can make all the difference.

- Keep at it

Drumbient? Moar liek Ambium

I gave it a couple of listens, and boy, do I have some criticism for you.

The whole song feels very stale, very static. Even with the main pad breathing in and out, everything else seems quite stiff and mechanical. There isn't a whole lot of dynamics with your drums or leads.

Your piano and flute have no sense of humanization, as well as sounding very loopy. Repeating the same patterns with no variation tends to get dull.

The overall mixing is also flat. I know soundcloud and youtube likes to compress the songs sometimes, but I don't believe that's the case here. There's subtle yet noticeable distortion through-out the track (when the piano comes in @ 1:36, when the kick hits at the beginning of the tune, etc.)

So some quick advice:

- Practice on mixing. Learn some tips and tricks to get the most out of your sounds and space in the mix.

- Work on humanization if you're trying to incorporate live sounds. A little finesse and personalization goes a long way.

- Have variation. You can have patterns that repeat, but you shouldn't have sections that sound the same. Having one-shot sounds can make all the difference.

- Keep at it

thanks for your advice, I really appreciate that!