OC ReMix's First-Ever Commercial Album! For Everlasting Peace: 25 Years of Mega Man!

DarkeSword

The physical copy is coming out in a couple of weeks. You can pre-order it on CDBaby.

If the other albums were licensed could they be sold? :D

Theoretically yes, but it's not something we're planning on pursuing.

I can see where you're heading with this and I want to stop you right there and make something very clear: Capcom approached us on this, and we're selling this album because that was their desire. We got a good deal set up with them concerning licensing costs and other stuff, which is why it was worth our while to do a commercial album. But the situation with Capcom is not typical, and we don't want any project directors to start getting dollar signs in their eyes with this kind of thing.

As stated elsewhere, OC ReMix's main focus will always be a by-fans-for-fans community, providing music at no charge whenever possible. As indicated by this album, we're not opposed to working closely with publishers to put out fully-licensed commercial releases that help fund the site and give back a little to the artists, but the vast majority of music coming out of OC ReMix will be in line with what we've been doing for nearly 14 years.

Edited by DarkeSword

My only problem thus far is that as a Canadian, I am unable to purchase them off Itunes and I really don't want to spend 18$ on one album when I can get both of them for around that price. Any idea on when it is going to be available for canadians to purchase off Itunes?

Does this work? https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/for-everlasting-peace-25-years/id734078834

no.

Spotify is cheap and crap.

they pay the artist one cent a play.

so if you aren't very popular, trying to make money with Spotify is hopeless. even if you got 100 listeners, that is one buck you are making.

it's legal and it's stupid. it should be illegal.

for the more popular artists, it makes a lot of sense. for indie artists that aren't very popular, it's pretty much hopeless.

no.

Spotify is cheap and crap.

they pay the artist one cent a play.

so if you aren't very popular, trying to make money with Spotify is hopeless. even if you got 100 listeners, that is one buck you are making.

it's legal and it's stupid. it should be illegal.

for the more popular artists, it makes a lot of sense. for indie artists that aren't very popular, it's pretty much hopeless.

It's not on there as a way to make cash. It's there to extend our reach to listeners that use Spotify and may not have otherwise heard of OC ReMix or its music. Regardless of revenue, it's doing its job.