PRC257 - Mario's Wrecked Hammer (Wrecking Crew)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 257

PRCv10-23

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

We are nearing the end of the year. Last round had again two songs. DrumJ8 was beaten by Trism in PRC255, but this time he claimed victory. The source was send within an hour, which gives everyone a few additional days to remix the next source.

The longer I participate in this compo, the more I realize I haven't really played all that many games in my life :/

Here's my pick from a game I've played many a time; it's an oldie but goodie in my heart. The theme from Wrecking Crew on NES. Hope there's a big turnout :D

Wrecking Crew MIDI

http://vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/wcrew-g.mid

PRC257.jpg

Source: Wrecking Crew (NES) - Theme

MIDI

Youtube

Game Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY November 11th 2013 at 11:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Note: I need to check this, it might change with an hour.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also post the song in this thread if that doesn't work. Then I'll make sure it works.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC258.
  7. The winner of PRC256, DrumJ8, cannot take part in this round. However, he is free to submit a bonus mix and his vote counts twice.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

If anyone has problems with signing-up or posting remixes on ThaSauce, it also allowed to upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in this thread.

Two songs already, but of course: the more the better. If OneUp manages to win this round, he is the new recordist with 18 wins.

If you don't want that to happen: make a good remix and make sure that it beats OneUps song in the voting stage.

Currently OneUp and Rexy both are recordist with 17 wins.

If anyone has problems with signing-up or posting remixes on ThaSauce, it also allowed to upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in this thread.

Two songs already, but of course: the more the better. If OneUp manages to win this round, he is the new recordist with 18 wins.

If you don't want that to happen: make a good remix and make sure that it beats OneUps song in the voting stage.

Currently OneUp and Rexy both are recordist with 17 wins.

Wow, huge thanks to everybody who likes what I do and vote for me! If it wasn't for PRC I would've never put in as much time in doing music, Bundeslang and the previous PRC managers has actually changed my life <3

Oh gods please don't tell me you've sampled that cocking song??

I had actually never heard the song before I did that :D

Edited by OneUp

Wow, huge thanks to everybody who likes what I do and vote for me! If it wasn't for PRC I would've never put in as much time in doing music, Bundeslang and the previous PRC managers has actually changed my life <3

I have to 2nd that. While I haven't had nearly the level of success that OneUp has, this competition has kept me musically active for the past few years and for that I cannot sing it's praises highly enough. Bundeslang; you do an excellent job. Never leave :D

I had actually never heard the song before I did that :D

You lucky LUCKY bastard -_-

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 3 songs. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve, they should leave the third box empty. They get a free first place bonus if they vote, giving them an advantage. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments.

DrumJ8 has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednessday, November 13th 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC258.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote.

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 3

Total number of votes - 5

Maximum Score - 15.

Trism did a good mix, but his 9 points bring him the last place place wooden spoon.

Esperado almost won, but he got 13 points, worth a second place.

And the winner of PRC257 is OneUp with 14 points.

Congratulations OneUp. You are now the most succesful remixer ever in PRC. You may select the source for PRC258. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Friday, 15 November 2013.

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC257