Final Fantasy Crystal Clash - Congratulations to Tuberz McGee and Eino Keskitalo!

Brandon Strader

Dude, you've only been recruiting for 6 hours, no need to expect it to fill up that fast! I'll throw in some choices in a bit, although I need to go through the spreadsheet, it doesn't seem to be all-inclusive. I notice offhand that Rachel, Rosa and half the FFV roster are missing; if Zorn and Thorn count, so should the Turks; if Chocobo and Moogles count, so should Boco and Hiryuu (which is badass).

Anyway, if you leave recruitment open for a few days, I'm sure you'll reach 32.

Edited by MindWanderer

The spreadsheet is only a suggestion, I think.

Strader, you won't allow battle themes, right? So I can pick Kuja's Theme, but not Dark Messenger?

That is correct! The goal of the compo is to pit characters against characters, not bosses against characters!

Yes, my list was just me going through the OSTs and picking out character themes that I recognized. Zorn and Thorn are included because they share the same theme and are basically a yin yang character, two that are never separated and might as well be 1 person. As for including The Turks, Rebel Army, or The Returners... that's not a character, that's a mob. :lol:

The choices are pretty specific. I didn't include Jenova because her only activity is in battles, for the rest of the game she is an inanimate object, cells, DNA, what have you.

Edited by Brandon Strader

1. Cry in Sorrow FF IV (

)

This always struck as Kain's theme. It played whenever he betrayed someone. If that doesn't count then this is my adjusted top 3.

2. Shadow FF6

3. Laguna FF8

___

1. Shadow FF6

2. Laguna FF8

3. Cloud FF7

Quick question there will be a week, where I am will be out of town for 7 days. The schedule is alternating weeks right? So we would have 2 weeks for each remix?

Edited by avaris

In the last GMRB, I ended up with my fifth choice. If you're going for 32 particpants, 3 may not be enough.

Also, I'd love to get in on this, but I've got a bit going on and the timing's not great for me. Plus, if I am gonna music, I think I'm gonna finally start tackling some other stuff I've got planned, and maybe flesh out some of my WIPs from other compos.

EDIT:

Quick question there will be a week, where I am will be out of town for 7 days. The schedule is alternating weeks right? So we would have 2 weeks for each remix?

As long as you know the dates you'll be gone, you should be fine. Just let Brandon know, and he can make sure you're in the bracket that won't be mixing that week.

Edited by Xarnax42

Oh man does this sound fun... but I'm way too new to the game to even do any individual themes proper justice, let alone two at a time. For multiple possible combinations. Every two weeks (assuming I live past the first round). Yeah, not gonna go well.

Normally that wouldn't be a problem because more music is never bad and I'd just do it anyway, but since themes get claimed... I don't want to take anybody's favorites away from them.

Hrm... what's the least popular character theme of the entire numbered series...

Sweet! This is going to be an amazing competition!

@MindWanderer: I'll let you have those picks! If we can have Chocobos and Moogles, then why not the dragon from FF5. It's as intelligent and useful as a Chocobo, and expresses as much emotional depth.

Just to note, if anyone wants to choose Boko, they're allowed to. That's covered under Chocobo, though. So if someone chooses that, that's it for Chocobo characters.

Similarly, if someone chooses Mog/Moogle from FF6, that's it for Mogs. If they choose FF9, that's it for Mogs. We're only gonna have 1 representation for Moogles. These smaller, weaker characters such as the Moogles end up being the most diverse claim because some of their themes from the different games are diverse. However, keep in mind you can only mix ONE theme. You can't mix the Mog themes from FF6 and FF9. Only one of those.

Edited by Brandon Strader

Yo. Brandon, any chance you can set up a sheet of all the participants and their choices?

It'll help to keep track of where we sit in relation to others with out choices.

I can do this fairly soon, maybe tonight. It's something I'll need to make when we are preparing the brackets anyway. I hope you don't mind if I don't put a super rush on it right this second. :-) Very excited, but also a little anxious, about this competition. I hope it goes smoothly and everyone has a good time. We need some graphics made. I'm gonna talk to people and see what we can come up with. The original plan was for me to paint it, but I don't think we'll have time for that.

Can I balance this with Remixing with the Stars? Can I balance this with Remixing with the Stars?? Can I balance this with Remixing with the STARS???

Since the remixing stage of RMWtS is two weeks, you could do this one in 1 week and use the other week (the voting week of this contest / other bracket) to do RMWtS (or PRC/DOD/MnP or any other contest).