Final Fantasy Crystal Clash - Congratulations to Tuberz McGee and Eino Keskitalo!

Brandon Strader

Welp, I literally just... rendered mine... but it's unfinished. So... sorry, Sir_NutS. I blame the Sonic CD listening party. I lost a few hours on that and thought I could still make it up. No point posting it early considering it's 5 minutes until midnight. No bass guitar, nothing is refined, all the EQs and mastering chain is a preset. Not tweaked at all. Sorry -_-

Welp, I literally just... rendered mine... but it's unfinished. So... sorry, Sir_NutS. I blame the Sonic CD listening party. I lost a few hours on that and thought I could still make it up. No point posting it early considering it's 5 minutes until midnight. No bass guitar, nothing is refined, all the EQs and mastering chain is a preset. Not tweaked at all. Sorry -_-

... You are submitting, right?

Ok, it's midnight and we've got:

Brandon Strader - Hopeless (WIP) (Hope vs. Terra)

Chernabogue ft. XPRTNovice - La Ambiente (Gogo vs. Auron)

Chimpazilla - Edward Penelo's Waltz (Edward vs. Penelo)

Eino Keskitalo - Toteutukoon toiveesi (Lulu vs. Serrah)

Esperado - Better than Nyan(Cait Sith Vs. Laguna)

Final Kingdom - Sweet-N-Sour (Serah vs. Lulu)

HoboKa - MachineGun MegaPhone Wankage (Laguna vs. Cait Sith)

Sterling Ortiz - Black Magic Dice (Zorn and Thorn vs. Setzer)

timaeus222 - Crystal Gradient (Penelo vs. Edward)

PLease bear with me as I turn my heater back on, tag everything, upload it, and figure out the votes from last week to announce the new bracket

You can watch me do all of this on my stream unless this is a bad idea but check it out -- http://www.twitch.tv/bstrader/b/482767279

Edited by Brandon Strader

ok, it's midnight and we've got:

Brandon strader - hopeless (wip) (hope vs. Terra)

chernabogue ft. Xprtnovice - la ambiente (gogo vs. Auron)

chimpazilla - edward penelo's waltz (edward vs. Penelo)

eino keskitalo - toteutukoon toiveesi (lulu vs. Serrah)

esperado - better than nyan(cait sith vs. Laguna)

final kingdom - sweet-n-sour (serah vs. Lulu)

hoboka - machinegun megaphone wankage (laguna vs. Cait sith)

sterling ortiz - black magic dice (zorn and thorn vs. Setzer)

timaeus222 - crystal gradient (penelo vs. Edward)

please bear with me as i turn my heater back on, tag everything, upload it, and figure out the votes from last week to announce the new bracket

yami no no no no

PLease bear with me as I turn my heater back on, tag everything, upload it, and figure out the votes from last week to announce the new bracket

You can watch me do all of this on my stream unless this is a bad idea but check it out -- http://www.twitch.tv/BStrader

9 entries, only 3 actual matchups and 3 default wins. luckily that makes an even number for the next darkness bracket.

So am I getting this right, we're voting on darkness bracket wips atm? Rounds equal wip phases or something like that?

You are correct! We are voting on Darkness now, while the LIGHT BRACKET is currently remixing, until the 2nd at 12AM ET

I made the mistake of not listing which bracket for the tagging of the first pack, I just called it "FFCC Round 1" so then I couldn't tag the darkness bracket as round 1... and I didn't want it to be inconsistent with the previous tagging, so I just called it round 2.

So each week is a round. This is the first round of remixing for the Darkness bracket, but it's called Round 2 because it's the second week of the compo. I know how confusing that is, but I'm sorry, I didn't think of it last week when I put up the other tracks.

You can watch me do all of this on my stream unless this is a bad idea but check it out -- http://www.twitch.tv/bstrader/b/482767279

sexy typing and singing.

@ Timaeus222, it's cool, guess it was a misunderstanding.

@ Brando:

What No pr0n? =p ...don't ask

Edited by HoboKa

sexy typing and singing.

@ Timaeus222, it's cool, guess it was a misunderstanding.

@ Brando:

What No pr0n? =p ...don't ask

You wouldn't know it if you saw it. Real men can hide it in plain sight.

;-)

My thoughts: I'm glad I don't mix this week, my work schedule is different to make sure I work 6am to 11pm on Thanksgiving. I'm sad I didn't finish my mix, I hope Light Bracket has fun mixing this week

You wouldn't know it if you saw it. Real men can hide it in plain sight.

;-)

My thoughts: I'm glad I don't mix this week, my work schedule is different to make sure I work 6am to 11pm on Thanksgiving. I'm sad I didn't finish my mix, I hope Light Bracket has fun mixing this week

LOL

shitty deal on the thanksgiving shift man T_T

Edited by HoboKa

Since Kristina's and my sources got pretty intertwined in my entry, I decided to do a quick source breakdown for you guys:

Source Breakdown:

0:00 - 0:22 = Penelo

0:22 - 0:39 = Penelo

0:39 - 0:42 = Edward (Sine Wave)

0:41 - 0:45 = Penelo

0:47 - 0:51 = Edward (Sine Wave)

0:51 - 0:54 = Penelo

0:56 - 1:11 = Edward

1:11 - 1:26 = Edward + Penelo (Sine Wave)

1:28 - 1:45 = Edward

1:45 - 2:01 = Penelo

2:02 - 2:05 = Edward (Sine Wave)

2:06 - 2:10 = Penelo

2:10 - 2:13 = Edward (Sine Wave)

2:11 - 2:19 = Penelo

2:19 - 2:32 = Penelo

22+17+4+3+15+16+4+8+13 => 102/152 secs Penelo

3+4+15+15+17+3+3 => 60/152 secs Edward

There are overlaps, so these percentages are with respect to the entire track. :razz:

67.11% Penelo

39.47% Edward

Edited by timaeus222

Edward Penelo's Waltz - mix notes

This is the first 100% orchestral mix I have done. I recently purchased the EWQLSO Platinum library so this is the first time I have used it. The samples are gorgeous! But I have discovered that FL Studio is not the best daw in which to write orchestral pieces. FL is terrific for electronic music due to its flexibility, but for orchestral, that flexibility is actually severely limiting! Also, FL is still a 32bit host making it tough to load all the required samples into memory properly to really humanize things correctly. I can hear my humanization flaws but this is the best I can do in FL in one week's time. This will be the only time I write a fully orchestral mix in FL Studio. I have actually purchased Cubase and I'll be learning that daw as well, primarily for orchestral work but we shall see how much I like it for other things. It is always good to be daw-bilingual.

So, on to the source usage:

0:00 to 1:20 of the mix is the Edward theme pretty much verbatim (minus the in-between triplets) but with a few variations to make the transitions flow. I didn't use all the weird harmonies in the source tune, but instead made the most emotive and varied chord backings I could think of.

1:20 to 2:10, the harp is playing the main Penelo theme (0:00 to 0:31 of the Penelo source). The harp is playing the in-between triplet style found in the Edward source. In this section, the flute and lead violins are playing a simplified variation of the Edward source at the same time as the Penelo material is playing on the harp. I was really quite pleased with how well the two sources combined here.

2:10 to 2:35 is the final part of the Penelo source where it transitions back to the beginning (1:00 to 1:15 in the source).

2:35 to the end of the mix is the Edward theme again, with the harp playing the triplet style of the source but without all the weird harmonies of the source.

So, I dropped out, again :(

Why? Because my laptop is officially dead, at least I got a backup. But there's no music making for me until I can't afford a new one. This sucks :sad:

if you have an ios device like an itouch you could always try out nanostudio! it lets you import midis! a bit harder workflow and you have to know how to program a synth, but its better than nothing. android has some music options too i think. either way, hope you can get something figured out!