Final Fantasy Crystal Clash - Congratulations to Tuberz McGee and Eino Keskitalo!

Brandon Strader

Man, I don't want to look like the bad guy, grabbing Brandon's hard-earned pay.. ;) Donating it to OCR actually sounds great to me!

I agree with the outcome (as you can tell by the vote), Tuberz did a great job throughout and I really liked his piece in the final. Good job d00d :nicework: I think I got to the finals a little easier, my first two rounds the other competitor didn't manage to turn in a full track (though Hakŝtock dropped out?) I'm amazed I won Chernabogue, he did really great pieces in the compo, I love the consistent style in all of them. It was great to get to the finals, that's the best since you get to make the maximum amount of pieces. (:

I tried to do something different each round and I think I succeeded: a vocal piece, a chip/trance tune, a pop rock instrumental, and some electronic slightly trackeresque mush.. well I think that was far enough from the second piece to count as different. I also think my SZRC piece is also different, an adult rock.. well, pretty close to Luja but still. That looks to be my only SZRC round, which is actually good since I'm pretty burnt out now. :D

I plan to finish all four of my pieces, though that'll likely take some time. I usually work on pieces slowly over vast periods of time, so the quick pace of the compos is a great challenge to me. I actually resolved to stop making new pieces this year and make 2014 the year of finishing and submitting mixes to OCR. (: I think Katumus (the chip trance thing) is pretty close to finished, I got such great feedback from y'all and was inspired to do a bunch of work on it already.

Great compo as far as I'm concerned, I got a lot done and had a lot of fun. I wish I had more time to give feedback but just didn't. Thanks to everyone & especially Brandon for running this finalfantastic competition!

--Eino

Yeah, I have my round #2 piece almost finished (should work on timaeus' crits). One of the tracks I want to save for another possible project and the other two probably need a lot of work to be finished, and I don't want deadlines (for that much work) anytime soon. But anyway, yes, I could do that one track. Sounds like a good idea too.

--Eino

Well I don't want to upset or offend anyone when selecting the Vol 1. tracks but I think that is a fairly unavoidable occurrence... I will send a pm to people once I listen through all of the songs again, just to refresh my memory of every single entry that we got. Rather than organize a final release of songs it makes more sense to try to push towards an OCRI thing of the highlights.

If anyone wants one single zip of all the songs though, let me know. I can organize that. :-D