ReMixing With the Stars: Season 2, Episode 3: Special "Wish on This!" Edition!

MindWanderer

Current signups:

Trism: Silent Hill 2 - Theme of Laura

Anorax: Mortal Kombat 2 - Screaming Forest

Esperado: Perfect Dark - Chicago

shadow24: Dark Souls - Moonlight Butterfly / Dark Sun Gwyndolin

DusK: Aladdin (Genesis) - Boss

Esperado: Duck Tales - The Moon

HeavenWraith: Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers - Zone 0

shadow24: The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse - Dark Forest

ATM Esperado will go into one category, and shadow24 in the other. Well, hopefully it will still be a learning experience.

I think next time I do one of these mashup rounds, I'll just put both topics up and ultimately go with whichever arrangement is more popular. Definitely sounds like I could have gotten at least a couple more signups had I flipped the categories, but too late to do anything about it now.

Pairings

Knock yourselves out. These pairings actually all sound really natural, you should have fun with it.

Just to make sure I've got this right before I go ahead and commit myself (to an asylum possibly. Why the frick did I think it was a good idea to take on 2 double source remixes at once?!), I'm allowed to ask DusK to do guitar work for my track as long as I'm the one who has written the parts that he's playing yes?
He can write a solo up to a few measures long, but if there's more than that, yes, you have to write the parts.

So just to clarify, if you have two novices, you could theoretically both remix and then just decide whos remix sounds the best between you and then submit that? Otherwise how do you determine whos the star?

edit: we already started our own remixes, so we arent horribly behind, but im just curious.

So just to clarify, if you have two novices, you could theoretically both remix and then just decide whos remix sounds the best between you and then submit that? Otherwise how do you determine whos the star?

edit: we already started our own remixes, so we arent horribly behind, but im just curious.

Well, we're pretending that you're the Star since you volunteered, but it doesn't make a ton of difference in this case. If you want to just decide which of yours is better after the fact, I'm fine with that, just let me know so I can change the "sources" links.

I'm terribly sorry guys, but with having yet to make any progress since my earlier post here due to school-related issues (not to mention the fact that I hadn't gotten in contact with my Star for this round), I will have to withdraw from this episode's competition. :sad: I would have loved to have the time to compete but alas I have not had such an opportunity. Good luck to the other two novice/star teams, may the best team win.

Hmm, I wish this compo generated more interest. I suppose people are focused on the FFCC at the moment. I'll be checking out the remixes (and voting), so looking forward to hearing the entries! Good luck competitors!

Edited by Cash

Ummmmm ok so there's been a few problems at this end.

Due to confusion regarding timescales and timezones DusK is unable to record bitchin' guitar tracks for me, so I'm going to be falling back on vst's and the like.

With this and my lack of time issues my track is going to be... lacking. I shall still submit it in whatever state it ends up in, however I think it's a forgone conclusion as to who the winner is going to be :)

Hmm, I wish this compo generated more interest. I suppose people are focused on the FFCC at the moment. I'll be checking out the remixes (and voting), so looking forward to hearing the entries! Good luck competitors!

same here, I'll vote for sure. This maybe needs a little brake now that the FF compo is running hot. I know I'd like to join this someday as a star when my project songs get posted and I'm less busy.

i love this compo, it gives me time to really polish a mix into something more complete than most of the other compos, and as it is i could really use mixing practice.

looking forward to the listening trism, im sure its still something worth listening to.

oh and since this isnt really AT ALL like the remix path i eventually chose to go with , heres a sort of bonus mix of my first listenable sketch for this round. I was going to turn this into an actual bonus mix once i changed source directions, but never had time to flesh out the idea.

enjoy! i might finish it just for fun at some point. https://soundcloud.com/jesse-mitchell-3/chicagos-forest

Edited by Esperado

Well fuck, I've completely ballsed this up now. I thought I had another 2 hours to go but it seems I've actually missed the deadline. Timezones really mess me up. I'm really sorry guys, I know Esperado didn't want to win by default.
I imagine Esperado will be fine if I give you another two hours. I'll have to put off posting the mixes until tomorrow night, though.

I imagine Esperado will be fine if I give you another two hours. I'll have to put off posting the mixes until tomorrow night, though.

OK time for some panic-mixing then. Incidentally; all guitar VST's sound like crap so my track is going to start with the guitar that was able to record for me then inexplicably jump to violin and other stringed instruments :roll:

Subbed! Even though I'm not happy with the track itself I have actually learnt something thanks to DusK. I was able to transcribe a good portion of his source into MIDI format which is something that I've never been able to do before (as MindWanderer will probably attest to after our stint in the Remix Gauntlet :)) So with that in mind this round has been huge success! Yay!