Strange noises at one synthesizer layer after exporting DAW project into mp3

It's a really annoying problem - hope somebody can help me.

I'm working with Magix Music Maker (2013 Pemium Version) and I'm almost done with a remix of Totally Rad for the NES.

The problem is that there is a terrible noise (some kind of a fast repeating scratching or crackling sound) when the music gets quieter in the end and only one synthesizer instrument is playing.

It's an instrument called "Mango" (sounds like deeper version of a flute) from Revolta 2.

It's on normal volume and except for the reverb and delay I haven't really changed the settings of this synthesizer.

The strange thing is that this annoying noise comes only after the export this track into an audio file.

Within my DAW music project this noise isn't there.

The problem seems to be in relation with exactly this synthesizer - because the other ones seem to work so far.

I really want to keep this Mango synthesizer in this track because I think there's no other one which matchs up with this one.

Would be totally awesome if somebody could give me a hint that solves the problem.

I can't find a manual for MMM 2013, but from what I can tell based on documentation for an older version, it has only offline export (meaning you can't make it play the music in realtime while it exports). If I'm wrong and there is a way to make it play while it exports, try doing that -- I fixed a VST's export problem in SONAR this way one time.

Again, I'm unsure of MMM's feature set, but another thing to try would be recording the output of your master back to a stereo audio track. This will give you an audio track with the music on it, so then you can mute everything else and just export that audio track. Obviously, this wouldn't fix the problem with Revolta, but it would at least give you a workaround to get a clean export.

Edited by Moseph

It's not a demo or shareware version - it's definitely a full version I've bought in a shop - really. :D

As far as I know there's no possibility to play the track during the export process - just immediately afterwards it's been playing automatically.

To record the track right in the project would be a good idea - unfortunately another layer (with a string ensemble) gives strange noises there right within the project version which are not in the after-export-audio-version. xD

Could fix at least this problem with changing the audio drivers.

Which program with a good sound quality you would recommend to record the project version - something like Fraps?

But maybe I should also ask the Maker of MMM to fix this bug in one of their next updates...

• 1 month later...