Afterworld: Dead End - Credits Theme

Phonetic Hero

Just a quick credits theme I slammed out while I was at my day job yesterday. Over the past couple days I wrote the score for the first part of a post-apocalyptic series of short films my friend is working on, and I thought I'd share this as sort of a preview before I post the completed product when it's put with the video. All thoughts welcome (and ecouraged :D )!

Afterworld: Dead End - Credits

Pete

Edited by Phonetic Hero

This is epic. Is it going to be looped I assume? My only issue would be the string stabs, somehow they sound a little flat, quiet and dry. I'd love a sharper attack and a touch more volume and some more reverb too. I wonder if it the sample that's the problem. Maybe the strings just need to be mixed so they aren't sounding quite as squashed by the other instrumentation. I just think they could be more prominent, pop out better. Maybe stereo-separate the poop out of them too. Other than that, WOW so cool Pete. :-)

This is epic. Is it going to be looped I assume? My only issue would be the string stabs, somehow they sound a little flat, quiet and dry. I'd love a sharper attack and a touch more volume and some more reverb too. I wonder if it the sample that's the problem. Maybe the strings just need to be mixed so they aren't sounding quite as squashed by the other instrumentation. I just think they could be more prominent, pop out better. Maybe stereo-separate the poop out of them too. Other than that, WOW so cool Pete. :-)

The credits sequence is even shorter than the actual track, so it'll cut out even before it cuts here. There's a lot of work that could be done on the production end of things, but I needed to get it done quick...

The strings in particular, are a shitty sample. The only decent one I've got is from Kontakt Elements (and most of my orchestral stuff is from KE, which is pretty lackluster - takes LOTS of processing to get them to sound reasonable). There's a recurring problem with them with the timing too, which I forgot to fix here. They end up lagging behind, a bit, which gets to be annoying. Oops!