OCR Secret Santa 2013

Bahamut

RE: First meeting of Secret Santas

Hi group,

my name is Jandalf and I'm a Secret Santa.

Today, I have a confession to make: I haven't learned a thing from last year's episode of anonymous gifting to complete internet strangers. Again, I'm very late to the party. Again, I started crafting my gift WAY too late. Again, I ran out of crafting resources (just like in MineCraft).

So, I'm sitting here, crafting like there's no tomorrow and doing my best to finish my gift. I fear I won't make it in time!

This is not meant to be an excuse for my misbehaviour. Instead, I hope to provide a valuable lesson for you people and my future self.

So, future self, listen to past self:

* Get into this group next year as soon as possible

* Plan your gift really early

* Get all the ressources you need

* Get some more ressources as backup

* Craft your gift in time

* Ship it

You can do it! Don't give up ho-ho-hope!

Joking aside, I'm really sorry. My gift will most likely not arrive in time for Christmas...

Posting a few days late because I was too busy playing them. Arrow got me Bioshock Infinite (and it's DLC), Sonic CD, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, a ton of music (the latest Game Music Bundle and some of Ben Briggs's stuff) and a yet to be received mystery in the mail!

I've loved them all. I've already beaten Bioshock Infinite and I had such a blast. Thanks a ton!

Got my gifts a couple days ago! Thanks Rexy! I got a couple of books in Stephen King's Dark Tower series, and a nice moogle keychain.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll be sending out the package for my recipient today or tomorrow.

Edited by Cash

Got the second part of my gift yesterday: it was Pokemon X! Friggin' awesome! Thanks to UnstableHamster (I think) for the great presents. I'll be enjoying the hell out of this game once my finals are all finished.

In regards to sending, I'm happy to say that I found time to get my present made for my recipient. Should be able to mail it out by this weekend.

Posting a few days late because I was too busy playing them. Arrow got me Bioshock Infinite (and it's DLC), Sonic CD, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, a ton of music (the latest Game Music Bundle and some of Ben Briggs's stuff) and a yet to be received mystery in the mail!

I've loved them all. I've already beaten Bioshock Infinite and I had such a blast. Thanks a ton!

Glad you're pleased! Your mystery gift, I've been told, will go out in the mail tomorrow unless there's further snow-related delays.

My own gifts came in, and I'm super happy with them. One of the few Pern books by Anne McCaffrey I still didn't own, and one of the Battle Network-related games I never got a chance to try. Thanks GravitySuitCollector!

SantaGifts_zps19d8d334.jpg

Got the second part of my gift yesterday: it was Pokemon X! Friggin' awesome! Thanks to UnstableHamster (I think) for the great presents.

You got it! I'm glad you liked it! I must admit I planned out my Pokemon gift before hand as I had an extra copy. The litt'l link I picked out though. It was a blast to be a part of this! I'm gonna do this next year for sure! Happy holidays!

I shipped something to my recipient via Amazon prime that should have arrived or will very soon. I received a package shipped Amazon prime today that was about the weight and size of the gift I sent. I was really worried that I accidentally posted the wrong address. Fortunately, it was merely coincidence, and now I have a fancy new game that I've never heard of but am very much looking forward to learning how to play. Thanks Capa!

ijVQjw3.jpg

Check the note, and the back :)

That's so cool! I'm going to have to shrink it a bit as it's a little large, but man that's friggin' cool! Thank you!

EDIT: Wait, can you shrink a T-shirt with graphics on it? Someone mentioned the graphics could melt if you tried.

Edited by Koriantor
FORGOT TO ADD THANK YOU!

I shipped something to my recipient via Amazon prime that should have arrived or will very soon. I received a package shipped Amazon prime today that was about the weight and size of the gift I sent. I was really worried that I accidentally posted the wrong address. Fortunately, it was merely coincidence, and now I have a fancy new game that I've never heard of but am very much looking forward to learning how to play. Thanks Capa!

ijVQjw3.jpg

I've heard good things about that game!

Well, thanks to Steam giving me the dreaded code 118, my Secret Santa recipient will no be getting his twelve days of games-mas. I had the song written out and everything.

So until Steam resolves the issue on its own (I've tried all the suggested fixes to no avail), I'll just have to sit on the remaining 10 games going towards him.

Sorry, you know who. Steam doesn't want to cooperate with me today.