Creating Humbucker pickups from Single Coils

I have two guitars, both have Single coil pick ups. One of the guitars I use just use for spair parts for the other. I want to take the pick ups from that guitar and put them togather to create humbuckers. The pickups arn't that great, but I want to use this as a test. I'm sure someone has tried this befor, but I can't find any information about it. Anyone have any ideas?

Humbucker coils are coils where one is winded up to create a "negative" polarisation, and the other "positive polarisation". At least in the theory. So using 2 normal coils wouldn't work.

Not to mention that you'd make the coil slots bigger (with a mills or something) to fit a humbucker in it. Too much work and a lot can go wrong.

I wanted to do this with my guitar too (instead of having a single coil at the fretboard a humbucker), but my befriended guitar players all didn't recommend that and said "get a real humbucker instead".

It's up to you.