PRC258 - Results Are In: Alien Invasion (Xenophobe)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 258

PRCv10-24

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round, OneUp entered together with Trism and Esperado. OneUp claimed victory for the 17th time and is now allowed to say that he is the most succesful PRC remixer ever.

I've chosen the Xenophobe Title theme for Amiga.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/computer/commodore/amiga/xenophobe.mid

PRC258.jpg

Source: Xenophobe (AMIGA) - Title Theme

MIDI

Game Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by WEDNESDAY November 27th 2013 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. One day extension.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also post the song in this thread if that doesn't work. Then I'll make sure it works.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC259.
  7. The winner of PRC257, OneUp, cannot take part in this round. However, he is free to submit a bonus mix and his vote has a higher value.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

Yup, FFCC first this weekend. But since this is an Amiga track, it's in MOD format, and it'd be interesting to work from that. So, maybe..

--Eino

what is mod?

and the midi file works fine for me. i dunno if ill get much done though. itll be my most subpar remixing experience yet. haha. im trying to make sure i have something submittable for FFCC before i work on anything else.

The return of Showroom Dummy? Yesyesyes, extension please! :D I'll do a quick tune, too.

--Eino

I'll extend. Esperado has an updated version of his track, but he couldn't upload it yet. I'm looking forward to the entries.

New deadline: Wednesday 27-11, 10:59 AM ThaSauce time.

Voting deadline will become: Friday 29-11, 10:59 AM ThaSauce time.

Deadline for submitting source (for the winner): Sunday 1-12. PRC259 starts a.s.a.p. after I received the source.

PRC259 will be regular, but the winner picks the source for PRC261 because PRC260 will be a Special PRC 10 Year anniversary edition.

I'll extend. Esperado has an updated version of his track, but he couldn't upload it yet. I'm looking forward to the entries.

New deadline: Wednesday 27-11, 10:59 AM ThaSauce time.

Voting deadline will become: Friday 29-11, 10:59 AM ThaSauce time.

Deadline for submitting source (for the winner): Sunday 1-12. PRC259 starts a.s.a.p. after I received the source.

PRC259 will be regular, but the winner picks the source for PRC261 because PRC260 will be a Special PRC 10 Year anniversary edition.

Thank you!

Yes, Esperado got it correct. Also, to answer your earlier question Esperado, a mod (in this context) is a type of a music file/format, that you can produce with tracker software. It originated on the Amiga at the end of 80s. In contrast to a MIDI (which has just the notation), a mod contains both the notation AND the samples which are to be played.

The reason I was talking about using a mods was that I use Renoise, which is a modern tracker and can load mods. Renoise can import midi too, but the mod is the original data that was played in the game, so it basically IS the source.

--Eino

I've uploaded Esperado's track, making the total song number 4 (1 Bonus). I'm glad that the extention worked well this time. Still 75 minutes left for more.

Thanks so much! I feel dumb since I had an extension but I swear that thasauce just doesn't like my browser or something.

On an unrelated note , I'm curious, does thasauce have a download counter for songs in each round?I just noticed that you can download the entries

Thanks so much! I feel dumb since I had an extension but I swear that thasauce just doesn't like my browser or something.

On an unrelated note , I'm curious, does thasauce have a download counter for songs in each round?I just noticed that you can download the entries

I don't know if it counts the downloads. I always download all the songs and keep them somewhere as a backup.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 3 songs and 1 Bonus Track. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third. Do not vote for Evktalo's song since that song is a Bonus Track.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve, they should leave the third box empty (or fill in Evktalo). They get a free first place bonus if they vote, giving them an advantage. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments.

OneUp has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Friday, November 29th 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC259.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote.