Sunshine - Earth (ethnic/trance/acid)

http://soundcloud.com/supersunshine21/sunshine-earth

Short version:

Art of Trance-style, acid, ethnic, enjoy or not.

Rant:

Alright, I guess I'll upload this abomination. This was an attempt to emulate Simon Berry's Art of Trance style. I must regretfully admit that I don't think I did the style any justice. Simon Berry is boss and his style of trance is to a large extent the only kind of trance I can listen to and still think sounds fresh nowadays, which is kind of ironic since his style is closer to the technoish roots of trance than say the Dutch style and it's offspring from the early 2000s.

Anyhow, I will most likely go back to the drawing board and think more about how I can express the sounds of the earth (as in the elements; earth, fire, water, air). I felt that I had to move on to a new project or else my semi-OCD perfectionist behavior would drive me mad. The important thing was that I at least had something finished (or nearly), as I attempt to make a habit of finishing projects with ideas that I'm "more into". I'm somewhat satisfied with the first half of the song, before any flute and melodic synths are introduced as I feel that I ran out of ideas during the second half. The bassline is okay, funky, but a bit soft in my opinion. 303/acid needs more modulation. Perhaps I will have to venture a bit into dubstep/brostep country to find basslines with energy and grit to adequately express the sounds of 'earth'. Perhaps work more on drums and not include any melody at all (which I'm leaning the most towards). We'll see, but I'll definitely be back for another attempt. Enough ranting, enjoy, or not.