Happy 50th, Doctor Who

JadeAuto

You've been inundated with it everywhere else, if you haven't already heard, 11/23/13 is Doctor Who's 50th anniversary.

I think we need a tardis or doctor emoticon in the next forum build.

Otherwise, who else is watching the special simulcast globally at 7:50pm GMT? (2:50 EST, 1:50 CST, 11:50 PST)

I get so excited about the 2:50EST time because I get off work at 2:30PM, then I remember I don't have cable :lol: soooo I have to download it anyway... but there is not a text size BIG ENOUGH to express how excited I am for this. Mostly because I've wanted to see Matt Smith leave for soooo long.

Also I'm super surprised there wasn't a Doctor Who thread already. Sheesh.. someone dropped the ball :tomatoface:

Christopher Eccleston is my favorite, so I think I will enjoy John Hurt, the War Doctor, who is a bridge between the 8th doctor who was brilliannt in the mini-episode, and Eccleston, who is sort of known as the badass doctor. It seems like Peter Capaldi will be a return to the more mature Doctor and I just can't wait for that. I loved Tennant by the time he hit Waters of Mars (and retroactively began to love the other episodes), but I don't see that happening with Matt Smith... Sorry, just not my cup of tea. I still enjoyed the show for the most part.

A shout out for "Adventures in Space and Time", you MUST see the TV movie that just came out.

I don't see that happening with Matt Smith... Sorry, just not my cup of tea. I still enjoyed the show for the most part.

I think I've enjoyed his run more for the companions than for Matt himself, although I don't think he made a horrible Doctor. But Amy, Rory, River and Clara were definitely the high points of his run.

Matt Smith is good, I liked him a lot anyway. Not as much as Tennant but getting there. As far as companions go though I could not stand Rory at all, he was just the punching bag of the script and even though Clara is hot she annoys me a bit too. I wasn't terribly into the series that just ended, it just lacked umph throughout. Still, looking forward to tonight.

too bad macgan wasn't able/willing to come back as the 8th.

He did but it wasn't for 'The Day of the Doctor'. As a build up to the 50th anniversary there was a mini episode called

which explains the regeneration and how that event passed. It would've been nice to see him on the big episode though since he really shines here.

He did but it wasn't for 'The Day of the Doctor'. As a build up to the 50th anniversary there was a mini episode called
which explains the regeneration and how that event passed. It would've been nice to see him on the big episode though since he really shines here.

Bah, beat me to it. Great little mini-sode though.

Cool episode I guess, it even had Peter Capaldi but eh. No explanation from the previous episode, that makes it a solid 2/5.

Actually I am really really really really really disappointed, they tease this war doctor for like 27 months and then turns out he does absolutely nothing, he doesn't even kill Matt Smith. Low hopes for the future of the show even with Capaldi, because of the direction implied by this ep

Also just to edit this in and add, it'll be interesting to see how they explain Capaldi going back to help the other Doctors at the end of the 50th, if they even do explain it. They might just do like they did at the beginning of this episode, not even bother

Edited by Brandon Strader

Dang, this is too hot for TV so I'm gonna make it all white

Just to reiterate it's a future spoiler

So Moffat said that the Doctor already regenerated 13 times, including Hurt and the pseudo-regeneration that Tennant had... which pretty much means, at least as far as I'm concerned, that Capaldi isn't going to be a regeneration from Matt Smith, but a different Time Lord completely. This might or might not be the case, but it's super exciting to think about.

I also heard Matt Smith is gonna lose a leg in the Christmas special. Brootal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-christmas-spoilers-matt-2847509

don't click that, white text doesn't work on it

Edited by Brandon Strader

Curious because that limited regeneration thing as always made moffat smiles. In another interview he was finding amusing fan debatting about that small rules (lampshaded once in the series) while other bogus thing about him (much difficult to fix) was never as debatted as that.

Anyway it's Moffat, watch the show don't trust anything you read. seriously. it's Dr who not a Hard-scifi thing like the mars trilogy.