Shonen ReMix Jump! - History

WiFiSunset

This is going to be awesome! I am certainly looking forward to hear this album! :D I'm hopeful that you'll cover Gundam Battle Assault as well with one of the iterations of this.

Thanks for your support!

I did more research, and found that Gundam is featured in another Shonen Magazine.

It will be featured in the Special Edition in the future :).

Hey, as a question... would the soundtrack to Dragonball Z Buu's Fury on the GBA be acceptable?

I REALLY want to do a Dragonball Z Mix. So I want to make sure that it meets the guidelines.

EDIT: Also, the Legacy of Goku 2.

Sure :D. Any Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z game is eligible.

List your chosen sources here, and I'll document it when I can :).

Edit: Also, I claim this source. Bleach Heat the Soul 7 - Main Menu:

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

Edit: I really don't want this to overshadow or distract from the current Edition. Let's take things one at a time. Right now, the main focus is recruiting so that we can have the album in the first place. :-D

So no debating this yet xD.

I have to manage Directing and getting this one off the ground first :).

I'll post an Announcement about this around March or April next year.

So for the special editions your gonna have non Jump manga?

Also Fist of the North Star, Saint Seiya, Kinnikuman, & JoJo's Bizarre Adventure all seen to have a few games based on them and they're all from Shonen Jump.

The Shonen Jump games that you listed are all possible contenders for the 2nd or 3rd Edition. Special Editions are a bit different.

You bring up a good point. Originally I was going say that I'll think about it later, because I tend to overthink these things and factor in eeeeeverything :lol:. But then I came up with a solution (Below).

This is up for the community to decide which will be done next.

---------

Option 1: Special Editions will consist of 2 disks.

One containing a Jump Stars Compo type format; the Other Disk would contain games based off of Shonen anime or manga that is not featured in Shonen Jump (Gundam, etc.).

Option 2:

2 Seperate Special Edition Albums:

1 Containing the Jump Stars Idea.

1 Containing the kind-of-a-free for-all as long as it's Shonen but not in Shonen Jump Album.

---------

Like I stated in a previous post: what Editions are featured next is up to the OCMembers to decide :). Whether it's the 2nd Edition, or Either option for the Special Editions.

I will say that Special Editions will probably be smaller in size.

I'll keep track of this in a spreadsheet, which I'll post in the first post at a later date.

---

To further clarify my Jump Stars idea.

It could be like a Compo Album basically. Each song is a vs. of Shonen Jump Sources (i.e. Bleach vs. Naruto; Yu-Gi-Oh vs. Shaman King; Etc).

The eligible games would include any game that contains a character from the game Jump Stars (and it's sequel game).

------------

Final simplification of choices:

-Special Editiom Option 1

-Special Edition Option 2

-Second Edition (games that will be covered).

Also, please read the top of the post.

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

Seriously, focus on one album at a time. A lot of albums tank; it takes a lot of energy and coordination over months or years to see a single album to completion. You have a firm source list for the first album. If and when you get to the final stages of getting this thing pushed through, talk about a second. But that's way, way down the line.

Right. I hate to go against your ideas Cosmic, but what is the actual gain of having several albums which cover different Shonen material?

Why not have one collective album to do the Shonen material?

No restrictions.

No bollocks.

Simple.

If it works out well, there's nothing stopping you from initiating another one. In fact. That's cool.

But right now, I don't see why we have to segregate the series in question.

The Editions idea is absolute. I'm not changing that now or later. I'm determined to see this Album through, and these Editions (however many there may end up being) for as long as I'll be here. Decades, if life allows for such :). This is my resolve.

-Cosmic Sounds

Right. I hate to go against your ideas Cosmic, but what is the actual gain of having several albums which cover different Shonen material?

Why not have one collective album to do the Shonen material?

No restrictions.

No bollocks.

Simple.

If it works out well, there's nothing stopping you from initiating another one. In fact. That's cool.

But right now, I don't see why we have to segregate the series in question.

From now Tuberz, I please ask that you further discuss this with me via PM.

Enough. This album is already moving in full throttle :).

So let's get this thing done :D.

--------------

I have to apologize for the delay everyone, but the first post will be updated a bit later than normal (Today or Tomorrow).

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

• 2 weeks later...

Announcement

-The first post has been updated with Dragon Ball (Z) Sources and OST's.

-We have 2 Violinists added to the Expert Resources :) : Chris|Amaterasu and TeraCMusic.

-Opening and Closings Songs are now open for claiming :D.

The main reason in waiting to open the Opening and Closing Songs, was to give OCRemixers time to be aware of the album. Basically, to make sure that the songs didn't go first come first served......myself included xD.

-Lastly, a Huge Thanks to Doulifée for the awesome sigs :-D. (I love how Goku is Kamehameha-ing out the Shonen Album xD.); Thanks to my Co-Director as well, for gathering the DBZ sources and OST's.

I'll take the Dragonball Z Opening theme.

That's great! I have you listed for it in the first post :).

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

If you could leave it up forever that would be great. No harm in having the songs be supah easy to find forever :-D

That actually reminds me, I was going to make a google doc of the sources for each series (Ex: Bleach Sources; Naruto Sources; etc.). I'm going to format it so that it's a link to the docs when you click on the words.

I'll get to that next month for sure :).

• 1 month later...

This Album is still alive and well :-D!

I have posted the Sources and OST’s from all of the 5 Series on the First Page in Google Docs. They are accessible at any time :).

I will also post the Check-In Dates, and Other Information pertaining the check-in dates, in the upcoming week.

Still Recruiting though, so feel free to join in :D,

Cosmic Sounds

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Shonen ReMix Jump! - History
  • djpretzel locked this topic