Shonen ReMix Jump! - History

WiFiSunset

On 2/23/2018 at 1:28 PM, Thirdkoopa said:

Hey; I notice I'm still on here and I want to apologize. Lots of crazy stuff happened within my family (my mom being in the hospital for 2 months) over the past 4 months. I'm apologizing however because I didn't let anything noticed. If I'm still on this, I'll have a WIP asap!

@Thirdkoopa It's absolutely fine man. I definitely understand different life scenarios can and will pop up out of nowhere. Hope your families doing okay, and yes you're still on this :) ! 

On 2/28/2018 at 1:54 PM, andersla said:

Considering the Pokemon anime is actually based on the games (they came out first), does that count?

@andersla Mmmmm, that's grey territory to be honest. Considering that there are whole albums dedicated to pokemon; I'm going to say no.

Unless, there's an instance to where a Pokemon game was based off of an anime that came first. In which case I would say, absolutely :).

(And just to clarify, this only applies to the Pokemon Anime/Games as it's unique in the fact that it's super represented on several other albums here).

11 hours ago, justKey said:

Where do I sign?? I do piano covers and several original compositions inspired by animes and games

@justKey Just inbox (PM me) your requested game or game source that you will be remixing and you'll be added onto the roster on the first page :).

13 hours ago, Cosmic Prism said:

@Thirdkoopa It's absolutely fine man. I definitely understand different life scenarios can and will pop up out of nowhere. Hope your families doing okay, and yes you're still on this :) ! 

@andersla Mmmmm, that's grey territory to be honest. Considering that there are whole albums dedicated to pokemon; I'm going to say no.

Unless, there's an instance to where a Pokemon game was based off of an anime that came first. In which case I would say, absolutely :).

(And just to clarify, this only applies to the Pokemon Anime/Games as it's unique in the fact that it's super represented on several other albums here).

@justKey Just inbox (PM me) your requested game or game source that you will be remixing and you'll be added onto the roster on the first page :).

Fair enough, thanks for the response!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

************************UPDATE: SEARCHING FOR A NEW ALBUM DIRECTOR************************

Things have gotten increasingly busy in my life, and I realize I will no longer be able to provide this project with the attention it needs to flourish towards completion. 

So effective immediately, I'm searching for someone to take over as Album Director. Once chosen: All mp3 & wav files will be transferred over to them so they have an up-to-date status & file content for the album. I'll also be moving down as a Co-Director for the album (I could provide better assistance in that format).

There are a few requirements for the search, and they are: 

1. Have at least 5 songs posted here on OCR.

or

2. Directed or Co-Directed an OC Remix Album in the past. 

(First dibs do go to the current Co-Directors of the album, but by all means still get in touch with me if you are interested :) ).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, Darkflamewolf said:

I'm strongly tempted, especially since Arcadia Legends is more or less out the door, but we'll see about how future events in life play out first. Either way, I wish you luck finding a solid Director for this album!

Absolutely, keep me posted :D ! With @evktalo's comment I may just reach out to those with tracks in-progress/almost done, and just go with the current track roster so far. 

On 12/15/2018 at 12:09 AM, evktalo said:

Good luck with this! There's three finished tracks already, that would make a solid backbone for an EP-sized release already! Such a cool concept as well. Lots of big names on the WIP list too! Somebody herd these cats home. :-D

There's 7 tracks finished actually, so you're right in that it would make a great album as is :). I may take that route (I'm not sure how to get an album artist for OC Remix projects tbh).

On 1/23/2019 at 1:40 PM, Darkflamewolf said:

We had to hire out our artist and pay money out of pocket for our art. That may or may not be feasible for you.

Okay, that sounds doable. Do you know of any good places to look for artists (I know of deviantart, but was wondering if there were other places to look too).

UPDATE: I removed all claims since there was no response to the check-in. Those with WIP's have until the 31st of this month to reply and get a WIP Extension while finding an artist is sorted out. On the plus side: we are so much closer to release as a result. Thanks for your hard work and patience everyone :)!

Question: How is a site/domain for an OC Remic album alloted?

The site domain from my limited experience with Arcadia Legends is something that DJPretzel will provide for you. He has all the details when it comes time to start building the website. They have a php toolkit and a format they strongly encourage you to follow for ease of transition when you hand over all the web assets for them to transfer to the primary address location.

Well, I won't lie, the bulk of 'human-like' artists can be found on DeviantArt, but being a... *ahem* furry myself, I got loads more options and there are other websites out there with artists who can do both furry art AND human art as well. You just have to look around and find them. It can be hard going at times for finding the one artist that truly meets your style and needs and is actually open for commissions. Some take a while to complete, so get started on finding one ASAP.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:24 PM, Darkflamewolf said:

The site domain from my limited experience with Arcadia Legends is something that DJPretzel will provide for you. He has all the details when it comes time to start building the website. They have a php toolkit and a format they strongly encourage you to follow for ease of transition when you hand over all the web assets for them to transfer to the primary address location.

Well, I won't lie, the bulk of 'human-like' artists can be found on DeviantArt, but being a... *ahem* furry myself, I got loads more options and there are other websites out there with artists who can do both furry art AND human art as well. You just have to look around and find them. It can be hard going at times for finding the one artist that truly meets your style and needs and is actually open for commissions. Some take a while to complete, so get started on finding one ASAP.

That's Extremely helpful :)! Thanks so much!! 

I'll check other sites as well for artists to kind of get a feel for what's out there. Appreciated man! 

On 1/28/2019 at 6:43 AM, Darkflamewolf said:

There is an excellent guide linked by Level 99 found in this thread that explains all of the eval procedures and submission guidelines:

It definitely helped me out while I was working on submitting Arcadia Legends.

Thanks man! I'm going to start the (Consent statements) process soon, but before I do. Does anyone have any name suggestions for the Final Album name? I'm looking for some way to tie it to Anime or Manga in gereral (because I still hope for there to be Volume II & etc in the future). 

@Cosmic Prism I'm assuming you found an album cover artist, but in case you did not, I've been scanning this forum a couple times a year looking for projects that are nearing completion that need an artist. (It's hard to hit that window, because projects often go silent for long periods then suddenly pop up near finished.)

Most of my recent art is American animation style, but I can (and have) absolutely do anime style if you prefer that over my normal style. And I'm very familiar with a bunch of Shonen Jump properties.

https://www.deviantart.com/shellpresto/gallery/

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 12:04 AM, ShellPresto said:

@Cosmic Prism I'm assuming you found an album cover artist, but in case you did not, I've been scanning this forum a couple times a year looking for projects that are nearing completion that need an artist. (It's hard to hit that window, because projects often go silent for long periods then suddenly pop up near finished.)

Most of my recent art is American animation style, but I can (and have) absolutely do anime style if you prefer that over my normal style. And I'm very familiar with a bunch of Shonen Jump properties.

https://www.deviantart.com/shellpresto/gallery/

PM'd you :) 

• Liontamer changed the title to Shonen ReMix Jump! - History
  • djpretzel locked this topic