OCR00404 - Xenogears "Dale of the Wind"

Saunders

• 1 month later...

This is just an utterly amazing track.. I love music that people take time with, especially when it's a slow emotional song. Very well done Dale! I like your work a lot, I've even looked up several other songs by you. Keep hooking up Overclocked Remix with your wonderful sound! :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Simple approach, but effective. The Xenogears soundtrack lends itself very well to the small chamber music sound; almost sounding written specifically for it. String samples have held up, despite being quite ancient by OCR standards, and piano is nice too.

Not much else to say about this one. It's a more than adequate recital of a fairly emotive piece of music from one of the greatest game OSTs of all. Well-suited, nicely presented. Other than more of an arrangement, there's not really much more you can ask for.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Dale North's works really stand the test of time well in regards to production quality. Sure, nowadays the string samples may not quite cut it, but the handling of them along with the delicate piano work had been done with such care that could almost compare it to the mellower works of Tenpei Sato.

Arrangement-wise it may be straightforward, but what tracks from 2001 weren't? The structure coupled with the little Arni Village cameo at the end was more than enough to show acknowledgement for Mitsuida's PS1-era material, and coupled with the musical viaion made it a pleasant sounding track from start to finish.

It's a shame you don't do music that often these days, but when you do chime in it's usually made of gold. I like a lot of other OC Remixers hope that you'll keep chipping into the site within the foreseeable future :)

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00404 - Xenogears "Dale of the Wind"