[RECRUITING] SNATCHER: The Score From J.U.N.K.E.R. - Rebirth

SNATCHER: THE SCORE FROM J.U.N.K.E.R.

http://youtu.be/Y0F1feEQba4

ATTENTION: June 6, 2017: First, my big fat apology to anyone affected. First started on the 25th anniversary of the original release of Snatcher, I was certain my personal busy-as-hell situation would prevent me from following this project properly, and I wanted to recruit and set up a staff before that happened. I failed miserably, and this ended up being put off for years. June 6 is an important date in Snatcher lore, and I decided I would stop the nonsense on this date. I have people to help me, and I'm actively recruiting, but bear with me a little while on claim status as I contact interested parties from before. I'm also available on our discord chats and willing to answer questions and take constant nagging (to a point, of course). My other projects related to Snatcher's music are on again as well, for those that know about it; if not, see the above video for details. Further clarifications are forthcoming within the week. “Let’s go, Metal!”

PERSONNEL:

José “Bronx Rican” Felix (Project Creator/Director); additional Staff TBA

INTRODUCTION:

The Cyberpunk Adventure that helped put Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima on the map: less a 'game' and more an interactive sci-fi 'noir', inspired by Hollywood storytelling, with a compelling tale influenced by (or “stolen from”, depending on your viewpoint) Blade Runner, Terminator and other films. Snatcher saw several releases in Japan, but also one exclusive English-language release that went largely unnoticed, but that I like to think is remembered fondly by everyone who experienced it. The original soundtrack is one of the early masterpieces from the Kukeiha Club (Konami's revered sound team), accomplishing cinema-style atmosphere out of FM synths. This album project is after the same thing, but on a much larger scale.

CONCEPT:

The operative word is "CINEMATIC"... any genre is allowed within the overriding vision: each arrangement should convincingly function as a score for a major motion picture. Naturally, this calls for a commitment to production quality. Anything emulating 60's-style library cuts to today's orchestral pieces will do, but ‘cyberpunk’ touches will probably help. Tunes can follow a more traditional song structure, like our established ReMixes, emulate opening titles, credits, montages, or scenes where music is being played (such as in a club), or serve as 'music cues' that act as a complement, establish a mood, and follow the action for whatever 'scene' the artist wishes to imagine. Some sources may be better suited to themes and some to cues; I intend to ensure the finished product will emulate a complete cinematic score, with a healthy variety of themes and cues. A large soundscape and a wide dynamic range is encouraged: the loudness war is not to be waged here unless it’s absolutely essential to the track. The following posted ReMixes are good examples of the album’s possible direction:

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01302/ | http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01387/

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01505/ | http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01594/

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01772/ | http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01856/

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02020/ | http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02037/

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02051/ | http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02126/

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02274/ | http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02315/

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02318/ | http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02343/

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02368/ | http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02374/

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02515/ | http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02567/

GUIDELINES:

Claiming artists must show arrangement, production and engineering experience in the implied style, either as a posted ReMixer or with satisfactory works elsewhere. Only one claim for each source, so please commit. Incorporations of other sources can be done, but only if you have a good reason for it (as a sort of leitmotif, for example), and, as explained later, some incorporation may be needed. Any claim should include details about the arrangement’s concept/mood/direction to help me shape the album's vision: basically, answer the question of its hypothetical use in a motion picture. This is likely to reach a minimum of 100 minutes of music, so a maximum of 150 minutes gives a range consistent with a so-called 'two-disc' release, and also with a movie's soundtrack. No tracks will be designated as 'bonus'; either finish to your satisfaction or drop.

5.1 SURROUND REMIXES!:

Furthering the 'cinematic' experience, I'd like many, if not all, of the finished arrangements offering a special '5.1 surround' mix as extra content. If any artists wish to have a surround mix, they may either do it on their own – if they are suitably skilled – or allow a volunteer with more expertise to have it done instead. Methods, formats, personnel and procedure have not yet been determined, and I appreciate feedback in that regard to help make the best decisions. I strongly suggest artists make efforts to keep from losing any important recordings, stems, samples and project files for their arrangement, in case the determined approach to 5.1 requires them.

TIMELINE:

Two possible release plans for this album include having it out ahead of the holiday season, which is relevant to the game's setting, or releasing on June 6, to correspond with the date of the “Catastrophe” depicted in the game. 'WIP' and 'FINAL' schedules are to be determined, but I will likely agree to let artists go at their own pace, yet check in once a month for progress, then will kick it up further depending on the amount of finished work. We will attempt maybe two to three years of music development.

SOURCE TRACKLIST AND CLAIMS:

See below. The majority of non-exclusive source tracks composed specifically for the first four Snatcher releases are listed. All versions linked to youtubes or files, along with a full mp3 zip, in order to appreciate the variations in arrangements. Each source's composition will be attributed to the platform of origin, unless specified by the artist. NOTES ABOUT SOURCE TITLES: Deep research has been done because of Konami's disgusting inconsistency with track titles for this music. None of the 'official' sources of info could be relied on fully, so I compromised and consolidated the titles as best as I could, in order to put away confusion for this album. It's impossible to come up with a standard that would be satisfactory to everyone, but I guarantee you will not find better, more accurate title 'guesses' anywhere else.

FULL TRACKLIST MP3 ZIP

LEGEND

Determined Track Title~

['A.K.A.' Track Titles <<Approximate English Translation>>]

YOUTUBE or file links: PC88 (NEC PC-8801) | MSX2 | PCE (NEC PC Engine Super CD-ROM²) | SCD (Sega [Mega] CD) | ZOOM (“Zoom Tracks” arrangement, some used in CD releases)

A short track description for original context and/or guideline for arrangement

Current Artist Claim, Status [early, progressed, substantial, completed]

Bio Hazard ~ Snatcher

[“PROLOGUE DEMO” (Bio Hazard_Snatcher); BIO HAZARD; BIO HAZARD (<<Catastrophe BGM>>)]

PC88 | MSX2 | ZOOM

The introduction, detailing history's deadliest disaster (the “Catastrophe”) and the 'body-snatching' menace occurring half a century afterward.

Artist: timaeus222, completed

Twilight of Neo Kobe City

[“THEME OF OPENING” (Twilight of Neo Kobe City); TWILIGHT OF NEO KOBE CITY; TWILIGHT OF NEO KOBE CITY (<<Opening BGM>>)]

PC88 | MSX2

The original opening credits sequence: Neo Kobe City, an establishing shot straight out of Blade Runner.

Artist: Argle [tentative]

Theme of Snatcher, Part 1

[THEME OF SNATCHER; THEME OF SNATCHER [PART 1] (<<Spinner Demo BGM>>); Theme of SNATCHER (PART 1)]

PC88 | MSX2 | ZOOM (Unused)

Gillian Seed's first day on the job as a runner, and he's called into action immediately, along with his 'navigator' and eventual sidekick, Metal Gear Mk II, to help his colleague Jean Jack Gibson track down possible snatchers.

Creeping Silence

[“PURSUER PART1” (Creeping Silence); CREEPING SILENCE; Untitled part of DANGER DANCE…& JUSTICE ALL (<<Intrusion ~ Shooting Mode>>)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD

The first of the four main “Pursuer” tracks making up the bulk of the game's BGM usage, helping to create mood and build suspense. This track usually accompanies the establishment shot of a given scene.

Criminal Omen

[“PURSUER PART2” (Criminal Omen); CRIMINAL OMEN; Untitled part of DANGER DANCE…& JUSTICE ALL (<<Intrusion ~ Shooting Mode>>)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD

The second “Pursuer” track follows our heroes after the investigation is fully underway.

Pleasure of Tension

[“PURSUER PART3” (Pleasure of Tension); PREASUR OF TENSION; PLEASURE OF TENSION (<<Intrusion ~Battle at JUNKER HQ>>)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD | ZOOM

The third “Pursuer” tune is everybody's favorite. At this point in the investigation, 'it', as they say, is going down!

Artist: Nutritious [tentative]

Endless Pursuer

[“PURSUER PART4” (Endless Pursue); ENDLESS PURSUER; Untitled part of PLEASURE OF TENSION (<<Intrusion ~Battle at JUNKER HQ>>)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD

The fourth “Pursuer” deals mostly in aftermath, the result of an action or discovery. The protagonists are in “Okay, what now?” mode.

Danger Dance... & Justice for All

[“ACTION” (Danger Dance...and Justice for all); DANGER DANCE...& JUSTICE ALL; DANGER DANCE…& JUSTICE ALL (<<Intrusion ~ Shooting Mode>>)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD

Action sequence! Open fire with your Blaster™!

ATTENTION: The following four source tunes feature variations on Snatcher's original “TITLE” melody - basically the game's theme song – heard in most of the important non-gameplay scenes. Any arrangements of each track must be as distinct as possible from one another.

Theme of Snatcher, Part 2: Faded Memories

[“TITLE PART3” (Faded Memories); AD 2042 NEO KOBE CITY; THEME OF SNATCHER [PART 2] (JUNKER HQ <<Arrival After Jean's Death>> BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE

Theme of Snatcher, Part 3: Peace of Mind

[“TITLE PART5” (Peace of Mind); THEME OF SNATCHER [PART 3] (ACT 2 Opening BGM); Theme of SNATCHER (PART 2)]

PC88 | MSX2 | ZOOM

Faded Memories: Theme of Randam

[“TITLE PART2” (Theme of RANDAM); FADED MEMORIES; FADED MEMORIES (<<RANDAM Appearance BGM>>)]

PC88 | MSX2 | ZOOM

Theme of J.U.N.K.E.R.

[“TITLE PART1” (Theme of JUNKER); THEME OF JUNKER; THEME OF JUNKER (<<To>> JUNKER HQ)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE

Theme of Jaime

[“JAIME” (Theme of JAIME); THEME OF JAIME; THEME OF JAIME (<<Jaime's Theme>>)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | ZOOM (Unused)

Gillian exchanges pleasantries with his estranged wife Jaime (Jamie) over the videophone.

Innocent Girl

[“KATRINE PART1” (Innocent Girl); INNOCENT GIRL; INNOCENT GIRL (<<Katharine BGM>>); THEME OF KATHERINE #1 (<<Katherine's Theme 1 BGM>>) ]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD

Introducing Katherine (Katrina), the beautiful young daughter of Jean Jack Gibson; how young depends whether you cared if Selena Gomez or Hayden Panetierre were adults or not.

Decadence Beat

[“JOY DIVISION” (Decadence Beat); DECADENCE BEAT; DECADENCE BEAT (<<Joy Division Store BGM>>)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD

Joy Division, the store with everything, however odd or perverted... right up Gillian's alley. Kind of a 'Cantina' vibe in the source tune.

Theme of Izabella, Part 1: The Entrance to Hell

[“OUTER HEAVEN1” (The Entrance to Hell); THE ENTRANCE TO HELL; THEME OF IZABEL [PART 1] (<<Outer Heaven Club BGM 1>>); THE GATES OF HELL (<<Outer Heaven Club BGM>>)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE

The Outer Heaven club, where VIPs come in masquerade to watch major stars shake their talents.

Theme of Izabella, Part 2

[“OUTER HEAVEN2” (Theme of IZABEL); THEME OF IZABEL; THEME OF IZABEL [PART 2] (<<Outer Heaven Club BGM 2>>)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE

The famous Isabella Velvet gives a description of a suspected snatcher, if Gillian can stop ogling long enough.

Theme of Katherine, Part 2

[“KATRINE PART2” (Theme of katrine); THEME OF KATHARINE; THEME OF KATHARINE [PART 2] (Katharine <<Reminiscence>> BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE

An embarrassing bathroom episode segues to an important clue, revealed by Katherine, to the location of the snatchers' hidden network.

Spreading Diehard

[“SEARCH LIGHT” (Spreading Diehard); SPREADING DIEHARD; SPREADING DIE HARD (Searchlight BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD

Metal's flashlight is needed while searching for clues in a pitch-black area of Queen (Queens) Hospital.

Blow Up Tricycle

[“BLOW UP TRICYCLE”; BLOW UP TRICYCLE; BLOW UP TRICYCLE (<<Runaway>> Spinner BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE

Sabotage! Runaway-vehicle-with-no-brakes-do-something-before-we-crash!! Source tune's probably begging to be shredded in some fashion.

Morg

[“MORTUARY PART1” (Morg); MORG (Morgue BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD

A nasty, yet important, find in a hidden area of Queen Hospital: the rotted corpses belonging to the snatchers' most recent victims.

Restoration

[“RESTORATION”; RESTORATION; RESTORATION (<<Corpse>> Restoration BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD

Metal Gear shines in a pivotal scene, scientifically uncovering the victims' identities.

Artist: José the Bronx Rican

ATTENTION: The following two source tunes cover two scenes depicting great, heroic sacrifice; the titles on both make it impossible to leave out spoilers. Each track's arrangement should distinguish itself from the other.

Eternal Promise

[“GOODBYE RANDAM” (Eternal Promise); ETERNAL PROMISE (GOODBYE RANDAM); ETERNAL PROMISE [GOOD BYE RANDAM] (<<Battle with Chin>> BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD | ZOOM

Good Bye Harry: For Harry

[“REQUIEM” (For Harry); GOOD BYE HARRY (Harry's Death)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE

Beyond Sorrows

[“EPIROGUE” (Beyond Sorrows); BEYOND SORROWS; BEYOND SORROWS (ACT 2 Ending BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2 | ZOOM

Formerly the tragic epilogue, it's the closing scene of Act 2, the realization that our heroes are only just beginning to fight.

ATTENTION: The following two source tunes accompany the original credits. There are similarities between them, so either two distinct ReMixes or one incorporating both sources are suitable. At nearly 20 minutes, the PC-8801's “Theme of Ending” was (is?) probably the longest original non-medley track composed for a video game. Nothing stopping an artist from approaching the same run time, but I will have album length considerations, so be careful.

Master of Puppets Among the Disease

[MASTER OF PUPPETS AMONG THE DISEASE (Ending 1 BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2

Theme of Ending (We Have to Struggle for Our Future Against Our Doubt)

[“THEME OF ENDING” (We Have to Struggle for Our Future Against Our Doubt); THEME OF ENDING; THEME OF ENDING (Ending 2 BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2

One Night in Neo Kobe City

[One Night in NEO KOBE CITY]

ZOOM

On the CD-ROM releases of this game, this track replaces “Twilight of Neo Kobe City” for the opening credits sequence.

Artist: AngelCityOutlaw [tentative]

J.U.N.K.E.R. HQ

[n/a]

PCE | SCD

Business in and around the headquarters of “Judgement Uninfected Naked Kind & Eliminate Ranger” or “Japanese Undercover Neuro-Kinetic Elimination Ranger”, whichever sounds less silly to you in your native language.

Kremlin: Moscow

[n/a]

PCE | SCD

During Act 3, the truth about what happened in Moscow leading up to the Catastrophe.

Kremlin: Elijah

[n/a]

PCE | SCD

Elijah's tale of unrequited love, a “forever alone” kind of waltz.

Kremlin: Sleep

[n/a]

PCE | SCD

How cryogenic sleep pods, among other things, figure into the story.

Act 3 Ending, Part 1

[n/a]

PCE | SCD

Metal comes to the cute, little, high-pitched rescue - and helps deliver Neo-Kobe’s final solution!

Act 3 Ending, Part 2

[n/a]

PCE | SCD

One last heroic effort to save our protagonists, not to mention all of humankind.

Tears Stained Eyes

[Tears stained Eyes]

ZOOM

On the CD-ROM releases of this game, this track replaces “Theme of Ending” for the closing credits sequence. Instantly memorable.

ATTENTION: These remaining source tunes are important elements of the original games that can't be arranged on their own, so I would like artists to consider incorporating any of these into their own works if possible.

Squeak!!

[“SNATCHER TITLE” (Squeak!!); Untitled Part of BIO HAZARD (<<Catastrophe>> BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE (also SCD)

The chilling title logo sequence.

Evil Ripple

[“TITLE TELOP” (Evil Ripple); EVIL RIPPLE; EVIL RIPPLE (Telop BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE (Unused)

The original telop music (titles for Acts 1 and 2).

Sting Collection

[n/a]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE/SCD

The original game had one sting, usually following a horrible or life-threatening discovery. Starting with the PC Engine release, up to three more stings had been introduced.

Merry X'mas Neo Kobe City (Jingle Bells)

[“JINGLE BELL” (Jingle bell 2042); MERRY X'MAS NEO KOBE CITY (Altamira <<Arrival>> BGM)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD

Various arrangements of “Jingle Bells” had been used in the Altamira (Alton Plaza) scenes for every release. A ReMix of any of these is not allowed, obviously, but I wouldn't mind a small taste of “Jingle Bells” somewhere, to acknowledge the game's setting (the approaching holiday season).

Virtual Image

[“TRANSFORM RISA” (Virtual Image); Untitled part of CREEPING SILENCE ~ CRIMINAL OMEN ~ DANGER DANCE...& JUSTICE ALL; Untitled part of DANGER DANCE…& JUSTICE ALL (<<Intrusion>> ~ Shooting Mode)]

PC88 | MSX2 | PCE | SCD

Lisa Nielsen reveals herself, but not in the way Gillian would've wanted; another hollaback to Blade Runner. “DIE, Junker!!”

Clue

[n/a]

PCE | SCD

Starting with the PC Engine release, this jingle rings whenever a relevant clue or plot point is revealed.

I want to claim Bio Hazard ~ Snatcher. I've been writing some nuanced dissonant music lately, so I'm feeling up to the challenge with this one. :D

It'll be horror-like, probably with some industrial and atonal percussion, granular synthesis, FM bass (of course), creepy guitars, and pseudo-bells. Examples of my work are on my website in Audio Reels. The intro to my Gunstar Heroes ReMix is an example of possible granular synthesis, and something that accurately represents my vision of this track is this.

Edited by timaeus222

Truong-Son and Chris, welcome aboard! I think both of you will do nicely.

I'm trying to set everything up within a week - maybe have a forum, see whether an art staff would be needed - and I have such big plans for trailer and extra content, I'm practically starting on it now, even though we may be looking at a 2- to 3-year dev cycle. This album also happens to be just one part of a personal 'mega-project' of mine, possibly including separate fanvids and MIDI renditions. Other obligations are constantly popping up, so I'll depend heavily on Will and Scott to keep us all in the loop. Good luck!

Truong-Son and Chris, welcome aboard! I think both of you will do nicely.

I'm trying to set everything up within a week - maybe have a forum, see whether an art staff would be needed - and I have such big plans for trailer and extra content, I'm practically starting on it now, even though we may be looking at a 2- to 3-year dev cycle. This album also happens to be just one part of a personal 'mega-project' of mine, possibly including separate fanvids and MIDI renditions. Other obligations are constantly popping up, so I'll depend heavily on Will and Scott to keep us all in the loop. Good luck!

Awesome! Thanks! I'm gonna change up some things and try to improve the WIP up some more before I send it. I've got some new ideas I want to try out now. Yay inspiration!

Basically, I'm trying to shoot for a sound that would have stylistic elements of Yoko Kanno's Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex soundtrack, the Blade Runner Score and obviously the game itself. It shall not be easy...

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw

Aaaaah I loved this game! Ridiculously bloody in places, especially for when it was released. I'd be interested in taking on a mix if I can find a source that I like the sound of, would you be interested in having me? Soundcloud link is in the sig :)

I see potential there; the ambient stuff was interesting... something that, if we further the space in the mix and sequence loosely, would surely be suitable for one of our cues. But I'll leave the approach to you; just give me the arrangement details when you decide.

Wow, this soundtrack is really good! I've never even heard of this game, but all the tracks I've listened to so far sound killer. I wish there was a zip bundle so I could access everything at once. In particular I like Twilight of Neo Kobe City. I would have a lot of fun doing a remix of that.

I can see about zips. The reason there are .mp3 links is for comparison's sake between different game releases, and because there isn't much consistency out there: chiptune files are available, but accurate playback on the MSX2 music isn't likely with current players and plugins; the quality of Sega CD rips are all over the map; youtube is youtube, and at any rate, nobody out there (including Konami and their OST labels) can settle on track titles for most of this music. The stuff I offer was ripped, edited, restored and mastered from the ground up, but complete collections for each version of Snatcher (with tags) are not ready yet. I'm currently trying to expedite that, and I'll try to have zips available when they're good to go.

You actually saved me the trouble of contacting you, because you were on my list, and I'd definitely like to have you aboard. If/when you decide, holler.

Daaaang. I wish I'd known about this. Love the Snatch. Check me out, I did Pleasure of Tension just for fun:

https://soundcloud.com/tobosaurus/i-dont-know-who-i-am-anymore

:tomatoface:

I'm glad you came around, because Larry already put me on to your work a few days back, and we both agreed you'd be welcome on this project. I felt a need to keep far away from double-dipping on sources for this album, so I can't find a way currently to include your track (and I wanted to!). However, if you think you'd like to have a go at another source, please feel free... we have plenty of time :)

If it comes to a point where people want their tracks mastered (or mixed down) by someone else, I'd love to volunteer. I still want to make and put up more examples, but here are the ones up so far. ;)

It may well be needed, so I'll keep you and possible others in mind, then I would only need concern myself with sound levels :P

We'll be keeping track soon of anyone else who wishes to volunteer for album art/assets/other stuff. I will be art directing, as I have design ideas in mind (including album logo), but will likely need other folks to put the ideas to virtual canvas.

BTW, officially welcoming ARGLE!

I'm glad you came around, because Larry already put me on to your work a few days back, and we both agreed you'd be welcome on this project. I felt a need to keep far away from double-dipping on sources for this album, so I can't find a way currently to include your track (and I wanted to!). However, if you think you'd like to have a go at another source, please feel free... we have plenty of time :)

It may well be needed, so I'll keep you and possible others in mind, then I would only need concern myself with sound levels :P

We'll be keeping track soon of anyone else who wishes to volunteer for album art/assets/other stuff. I will be art directing, as I have design ideas in mind (including album logo), but will likely need other folks to put the ideas to virtual canvas.

BTW, officially welcoming ARGLE!

Oh for real? That's awesome (hey thanks, Larry).

I love 90% of the tracks on Snatcher, so lemme know what isn't taken and I'll get moving on one of 'em for you.

I notice Pleasure of Tension has "tentative" next to it? :)

Otherwise there's heaps there I reckon I could do a good job on.

That's why I couldn't work with yours; Justin was my first and only recruit before I opened this up, and he's on til he says he's off. "Tension" is everybody's favorite, so we already knew there'd be "quarterback controversy", but I have to be strict with sources. Feel free with any of the open tracks, and don't forget to give me an idea of your arrangement approach.

That's why I couldn't work with yours; Justin was my first and only recruit before I opened this up, and he's on til he says he's off. "Tension" is everybody's favorite, so we already knew there'd be "quarterback controversy", but I have to be strict with sources. Feel free with any of the open tracks, and don't forget to give me an idea of your arrangement approach.

That's cool NP. There are some good 'uns that aren't on your list like "Difficult Move" and "Triumphal Arch" and "In Danger" - room to add any? I also TOTALLY love "North Downtown." Dat groove. :tomatoface:

Otherwise I could do a mean "Theme of Jaime." I was thinking like, something jazzcore. Kind of a hybrid between the street-sleaze of the SCC Memorial Series version and the kill-everyone of the Kukeiha Club take. Just a fort.

Edit: Also "Innocent Girl." Think I could get pretty arena and emotive with that. It's really moody, which I like.

Edited by jane

• 1 month later...

Still here, but of course real life is kickin' my ass again.

However, after some talks at MAGFest, I decided to compile these original soundtracks to the best of my ability, then make another big recruitment push; I have some good names in mind. Some tracks are near-impossible to compile, and that was the main holdup. Hope to be active soon. Big ups to Argle, by the way, for an extremely promising first WIP in a short amount of time. No rush for the rest of you guys so far; we'll see what happens in about a month.

I would like to be a part of this. For credential you can check out "Broken Wings" remix I collabed on with Flexstyle. He did most of the production, but I feel like I can reach that same level with some good effort. I'd like to do a much much more ambient, atmospheric style of song, like something you'd hear in the Silent Hill games. (of course, staying in your criteria)

I do like snatcher a lot, I only really watched an LP of it, but I loved the music and would love to be able to make something kind of dark and ambient to celebrate it's uniqueness.

I'm going to listen to the soundtrack and try to find the song I want to to do tomorrow and hopefully start something after a while (Going to be extremely busy for the next 2 weeks so it'll probably be sometime in March). Should I go ahead and claim the track or just send you a WIP when something is started?