Spoiled by OCR forums

orlouge82

So, I've spent the majority of any time I spend on Internet forums at OCR, and I think that I've gotten a bit spoiled by how polite and respective the community is here.

At some other websites, such as GameFAQs and MtG Salvation, I have been shocked by how rude and disrespectful some users have been, as though they can't help but jump at the chance to put people down. I mean, I know that they are probably a bunch of dipshit little kids, but, like I said, I have probably just been spoiled by the level of maturity at OCR that it has been a shock to my system to venture to other Internet forums.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I appreciate the attitude and atmosphere in these forums.

So, I've spent the majority of any time I spend on Internet forums at OCR, and I think that I've gotten a bit spoiled by how polite and respective the community is here.

At some other websites, such as GameFAQs and MtG Salvation, I have been shocked by how rude and disrespectful some users have been, as though they can't help but jump at the chance to put people down. I mean, I know that they are probably a bunch of dipshit little kids, but, like I said, I have probably just been spoiled by the level of maturity at OCR that it has been a shock to my system to venture to other Internet forums.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I appreciate the attitude and atmosphere in these forums.

I have to remember this every time I go to KVR forums for anything. Those people are some of the rudest, least helpful and most arrogant pricks I could mingle with in the world of online music. OCR is definitely steps above pretty much everything else, and even when I have issues with people on here, I always have to remember it's better than anywhere else on the internet.

Definitely agreed, I'm a big advocate for communities based on mutual respect & civility.

:neutral:

Yeah OCR has a pretty great community, compared to most other forums I've stumbled upon. The only other forum I ever hung around much was friendcodes.com back in the day, I had a friend who was an admin on the site and I was a moderator for a period of time. People were generally really nice and cool around there, so I guess I've just been lucky!

In my experience OCR has one of the better forum communities. Maybe something about VGM encourages respect. Even when I've come across the occasional rude person here, the person usually apologizes or just leaves.

They get laughed out like the killer studio chops guy... or anyone who is critical of OCR in a new thread... that's the dark side of OCR

But for the most part it's pretty good

I posted non-remix music to a non-music forum and got responses like "I don't like the genre" or "it's good!" :I Not a criticism in sight.

MSPA forums is one of the better ones available online, its the only other one i frequent.

I...r-really? For such a bad rep Homestuck fans have gotten and how dense the community must be, that impresses me.

Edited by PixelPanic

Yeah, we try.

I mean, I know that they are probably a bunch of dipshit little kids

We can try harder. ;)

Seriously though, I think it's something that's very much a result of staff, veterans and frequent posters being cool people, as well as an effect of the respect people have for the people who make the music here.

some of you mofos are making it sound like it's an apocalyptic warzone out there. :lol:

Two forums I can think of that are totally 100% apocalyptic warzones are the Sega of America forums and Dogs on Acid. The former being a seething hive of annoying trolls and the latter being thankfully dead now (karma biting them back after they treated Pendulum like crap for the crime of branching out).

I...r-really? For such a bad rep Homestuck fans have gotten and how dense the community must be, that impresses me.

mmm, I suppose that depending on where you hang out at on the forum, you may run into more of the rabid fans, but overall, everyone there is pleasant, especially in the general chat and media subforums where discussion is focused on those rather than MSPA.

Of coures, maybe I just happen to be where all the pleasant people are around there, I dont know.

And of coruse, you can find people who are respectable and mature wherever you go, although its harder in some places compared to others.