A sad week for Luigi fans

Dave the Rave

If you have been keeping up with gaming news, then you already know what has happened last week/yesterday. If not, then have some very sad news to report.

Danny Wells (the voice of Luigi in the SMB cartoons) has sadly passed away. The entertainment & gaming industries has lost a very talented actor, who has given life to an awesome video game sidekick. My condolences to the family & friends of Danny Wells.:(

May he rest in peace.

Edited by Dave the Rave
False information

Sorry for double posting, but I’ve just found out that there are 2 Christopher Welch’s. One who died & didn’t voice Tails at all. And the other who did, is most likely still alive.

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/12/05/op-ed-was-christopher-evan-welch-the-same-christopher-welch-that-voiced-tails/

I knew there was something fishy regarding the ages. Anyway, sorry if I caused any trouble.

I'm going to edit the first post at once.

Edited by Dave the Rave

I've just found out that Danny Wells only played Luigi in "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show". They changed voice actors in the SMB:3 & SMW cartoon adaptations.

So yeah... my bad.

Well, it gets worse with the actor who played Luigi in SMB3 and W. He had to do time in an institution of some kind as he contracted a rare paranoid psychosis where he genuinely believed his wife and family were imposters and I believe he attacked someone over it as well.

Suffice to say, the history of Luigi gets a lot of shit for laughs, but a lot of it really isn't that funny either.