That sound...how do I make it?

Well, I could say that it's filtered drums that were automated, but that probably wouldn't help :P

I've made something similar before that isn't automated

https://soundcloud.com/ohaiguy/tennisaurus-rex

According to my project file...I seem to have a combination of a Band Pass, High Pass, and Low Cut (using Fruity Filter in FL Studio.)

There's probably other ways you can make something similar though.

That sound at the beginning of "The End" by Zircon. It's that sort of percussive noise right in the intro that starts alongside the piano. I've heard that type of effect in a bunch of electronic tunes I like.

http://zirconstudios.bandcamp.com/album/identity-sequence

im sure if you ask zircon he would just tell you :) i think he hangs out in IRC once in a while too.

Oh yeah, I like that sound. 0:23? I haven't been able to figure out specifically how to make it yet, but it's basically a white or pink noise generator, whichever sounds closer, on arpeggiator mode (no actual tremolo involved), with a slow LFO routed to a low pass filter and possibly a short envelope linked to the pitch for that strong hit on each note.

You might be able to modify HS Percolator on Zebra2 since it has that similar percolating feel on one of the oscillator lanes if you isolate and find that layer/column.

Edited by timaeus222

im sure if you ask zircon he would just tell you :) i think he hangs out in IRC once in a while too.

What's an IRC?

Oh yeah, I like that sound. 0:23? I haven't been able to figure out specifically how to make it yet, but it's basically a white or pink noise generator, whichever sounds closer, on arpeggiator mode (no actual tremolo involved), with a slow LFO routed to a low pass filter and possibly a short envelope linked to the pitch for that strong hit on each note.

You might be able to modify HS Percolator on Zebra2 since it has that similar percolating feel on one of the oscillator lanes if you isolate and find that layer/column.

I'll try that.

Yoko Kanno's "Inner Universe" has the same kinda sound