Generating Interest - Mario Kart ReMix Album

So more than a year ago, somebody tried to start a Mario Kart remix project and it didn't really go anywhere. (Mario Kart: Road Rage... the forum hasn't seen the light of day in at least a good few months, and before that, probably nearly a year... I think it's dead... tell moi if it isn't)

I want to bring that back up again, since I am a serious lover of the Mario Kart series (you can probably see that due to the avatar choice I made).

A Mario Kart ReMix Album is about the only thing that I sit at my chair while on ocremix and wonder "why the crap don't we have this?"

Therefore, I'm generating interest in a remix project dedicated to the playful and funny music of Mario Kart. I would not direct it; I don't have the time and commitment to take control of a whole entire project, but these are some thoughts:

I think we need to pick special tracks from each game. For example, get maybe like the main theme and Mario Circuit music from SMK soundtrack and a couple others, Sherbet Land or Koopa Troopa Beach from MK64, Mushroom Bridge/City and something else from MKDD, etc. And I think that Rainbow Road should be like a medley of all of the Rainbow Roads, though this is just a concept. No clue; I'm thinking aloud.

I'm not going for any genre, but I definitely don't want house and dub step electronic music throughout the WHOLE thing, hahahaha And I know it's practically impossible to be able to do a vocal mix on something like this, but no vocal mixes. hehehe

Again, these are all simply ideas I have. The thing could obviously become an entire different monster if we were to go through with it.

So yeah. Anyone in, or am the only one who wants to do this.

Edited by Garrett Williamson

Here is the link to the original recruiting thread [Mario Kart Road Rage]. Given that the original poster hasn't posted in nearly a year, I'd say it probably is dead. But it's probably a good idea to check with that original poster first, before another project gets off the ground. People had claimed WIPs, so who knows if there was actually any work done or not.

With that said, yeah I love me some Mari Kart and might be down for doing a mix for this if it ever does get off the ground. I like the idea of featuring mixes from each game, compared to dedicating an entire album to one game. You could do something like a "Mario Kart: All Stars" approach and then have the album broken down into 'circuits' where each circuit is 4 mixes from each game or something. If you really want to get fancy you could try to coordinate each circuit to have a similar theme/genre. So like a house/trance circuit, a funk circuit, dubstep circuit, hip-hop circuit, etc. It could be a fun way to keep a somewhat cohesive theme while also showcasing multiple genres and games!

EDIT:

Ummm.

hahaha, I love this song from Stevo. I've had the WIP on my HDD for a long time. It's got such a classic "The Ataris" sound.

Edited by SuperiorX

Here is the link to the original recruiting thread [Mario Kart Road Rage]. Given that the original poster hasn't posted in nearly a year, I'd say it probably is dead. But it's probably a good idea to check with that original poster first, before another project gets off the ground. People had claimed WIPs, so who knows if there was actually any work done or not.

With that said, yeah I love me some Mari Kart and might be down for doing a mix for this if it ever does get off the ground. I like the idea of featuring mixes from each game, compared to dedicating an entire album to one game. You could do something like a "Mario Kart: All Stars" approach and then have the album broken down into 'circuits' where each circuit is 4 mixes from each game or something. If you really want to get fancy you could try to coordinate each circuit to have a similar theme/genre. So like a house/trance circuit, a funk circuit, dubstep circuit, hip-hop circuit, etc. It could be a fun way to keep a somewhat cohesive theme while also showcasing multiple genres and games!

not a bad idea. I'll probably go check with the OPer of Mario Kart: Road Rage

Ummm.

lol, oh Ben Briggs. I love his mixes but vocal stuff isn't really for him. :-D

That's part of why I'm trying to start this up and begin generating interest: to see if I can get more people into this baby.

I've PM'd the OPer of the Road Rage project, but he hasn't responded yet. Not sure the last time he popped up on ocremix. If he doesn't get back to me by the beginning of next year, I'll probably just confirm the Road Rage project dead.

I would be interested if this ever takes off. I've thought about doing some sort of rivals mix before, like mixing Luigi Circuit with Waluigi Pinball (they might even be in the same key, I can't recall off-hand), though that may not necessarily fit in with whatever concept is planned for this. I'd remix anything though really, there's so much awesome Mario Kart music to choose from.

Here's hoping this ends up happening!

I'm totally in, though not sure what song I'd remix. Probably something from 64, that's the most nostalgic for me.

Also, sorry that I have no links to my stuff in my sig, I just joined this community, and I haven't had time to really focus on my profile because finals.

totally fine, man. if this gets off the ground, be sure to share those links so I can hear some of your stuff.

I'm honestly glad to hear there are far more people interested in this than I thought there would be at first.

Road Rage died because there wasn't sufficient interest (at least as I saw it—there were a lot of claims, but only three people followed through on any of the WIP deadlines) to get it off the ground. If you want to make a new project, go right ahead. If I ever get around to finishing the Bowser's Castle track, I'll let you know.

Road Rage died because there wasn't sufficient interest (at least as I saw it—there were a lot of claims, but only three people followed through on any of the WIP deadlines) to get it off the ground. If you want to make a new project, go right ahead. If I ever get around to finishing the Bowser's Castle track, I'll let you know.

aaahhh there you are. alright, thanks for letting me know, man.

I'm considering doing a remix of Banshee Boardwalk

(

),

but depending on how well I can actually make a recognizable mix of such a minimalistic song, I might end up doing Kalimari Desert

(

).

I'll probably start messing with some ideas over Christmas break, and if this project ends up not going anywhere I'll just submit anything I make normally.

good to hear, man

I'm hoping this will come together. this is surprisingly gaining much more attention than I expected.

I'd love to hear some ideas, though.

basically, I could direct the project, but in no way could I get all the marketing together (in meaning of site, advertisements, stuff like that). I just suck at that stuff. and even if I don't, I'd prefer not to be the head of all of that. :-P