K.K. Slider Remix Album?

Chucklehofft

I had a great (and probably unoriginal) idea over Thanksgiving break - wouldn't it be interesting to do an album of all the K.K. songs fully realized in their own genres? The songs sound great in-game, but I think that they could be made hella more interesting. Is anyone interested in this project?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in the project as a whole, and there's no way that we could remix all of them. Maybe some other time.

I did find a way to use KK Slider soundfonts from Wild World inside a DAW though, which I thought was pretty cool and would have been great for this project.

would you be able to pm me how you do it? I looked around but didn't find much

I might as well just post it here in case anyone else wants to.

Basically, what I did is follow this video to find out how to rip the right files from a Wild World rom:

Since this method requires Windows and is a bit confusing, I'll upload the ripped and converted files here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?6nbj0637da2od6n

(I don't think that sharing them is illigal, but if it does get taken down then just follow the video and rip out your own .dls)

Next, download Sforzando (Windows and Mac):

http://www.plogue.com/products/sforzando/

and you should be able to open up the .sfz files that I uploaded. If you ripped the .dls yourself, just tell Sforzando to import the file and it'll generate the .sfz files itself.

Also, since the soundfonts for the different KK vocalbles are all in separate .sfz files, I made a custom instrument rack preset for Live users (check the hint box in the lower left of Live for the macro knob value for each syllable):

https://www.mediafire.com/?vu3220s5z4t2bt2

Just PM me if you have any questions.

Edited by Chucklehofft

I've been meaning to do a K.K. Slider remix EP myself for some time, but laziness / other commitments / etc.

I was gonna call it K.K. Selects and pick some of my favourite tunes. I have some small WIPs of a few (Cruisin', Fusion, and I think one other but I don't remember). If there was ever an official project I'd certainly jump on board, though I wouldn't be able to direct it myself.

I've been meaning to do a K.K. Slider remix EP myself for some time, but laziness / other commitments / etc.

I was gonna call it K.K. Selects and pick some of my favourite tunes. I have some small WIPs of a few (Cruisin', Fusion, and I think one other but I don't remember). If there was ever an official project I'd certainly jump on board, though I wouldn't be able to direct it myself.

I might bring it up some time in the future. I'm very new to this community, so I want to be a part of some projects first before I try and direct anything.