Garrett Williamson's Christmas Single - "Christmas Has Awoken"

So if someone wants to destroy me for basically self-advertising myself on the community forum, I don't think I could say anything against that. Nevertheless, I'm gonna try it anyway and hope that everybody's okay with this, because I've never actually done this before.

So yes, I now have a new Christmas single available for purchase, "Christmas Has Awoken", and currently it's available in quite a few places but the two biggies are CD Baby and iTunes. I spent 15 bucks to get it up, so it'd be really nice if I could at least make that much back since I'm nearly bankrupt here. Ha ha.

CD Baby:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/garrettwilliamson2

iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/christmas-has-awoken-single/id777633305

Exclusive near-2 minute preview:

http://youtu.be/76hYYqF9yGY

Eventually there will be a music video up for it.

Pretty cool track Garrett. I can't really stand Christmas music since I used to work retail in college and it's all we'd hear every day straight for two months. But disregarding that, I like the funky pop vibe you have going in this song, and the vocals sound nice too. I had forgotten you sang. Nice work!

I dunno, it seems like secularized Santa filth

Can "secularized Santa filth" be a new musical genre? I'm picturing Xmas tunes done in a really dirty and distorted heavy metal style :tomatoface:

I dunno, it seems like secularized Santa filth rather than good Christian/Christmas music, but it was alright. The production was great, who's your daddy?

Secularized Santa filth? hahahaha what? My father is Scott Williamson. Not a well known guy, but a studio musician who definitely got his name out there and has played drums for some more popular artists like Alice Cooper and Reba (watching him do drums for Alice Cooper's more recent record was hilarious).

its just the inspiration I need to make a totally unrelated Egyptian sounding track!:tomatoface:

GREAT. I LOVE EGYPTIAN SONGS.

also, I have a question. It's been a year and a half since I last sold an album through CD Baby. I forgot about delays and updates. I don't keep up with the money my Edge of the Universe album is making, and most of the purchases of that album in the past year have been from CD Baby, not from iTunes, though I've made more from iTunes. It's been a while and I forgot if there was a serious delay on transactions when it comes to money I'm making through iTunes.

Basically, a whole bunch of people are claiming they purchased my album on iTunes but I only see two notifications of purchases and they're both from CD Baby. Does it just take a lot longer for iTunes updates to get through? It's been probably a bit over a day since the first iTunes purchase was claimed, I'm guessing.

Secularized Santa filth? hahahaha what? My father is Scott Williamson. Not a well known guy, but a studio musician who definitely got his name out there and has played drums for some more popular artists like Alice Cooper and Reba (watching him do drums for Alice Cooper's more recent record was hilarious).

GREAT. I LOVE EGYPTIAN SONGS.

Phrygian Dominant mode ftw