Let It Go

Neifion

https://soundcloud.com/matandteresa/let-it-go-instrumental

A softer version of Let It Go. This is the instrumental background track, as my wife and muse is currently pulling through a harsh winter cough.

This is nice! I haven't seen Frozen yet, but I like what you've got going on here. Those strings sound great - are you playing them or is that sampled? Some of it sounds sampled and some sounds real...Looking forward to hearing this when you add the vocals.

And my wife just came into the room while I was listening to it - she does massage therapy, and she said this would be nice to do massages to :)

This is nice! I haven't seen Frozen yet, but I like what you've got going on here. Those strings sound great - are you playing them or is that sampled? Some of it sounds sampled and some sounds real...Looking forward to hearing this when you add the vocals.

And my wife just came into the room while I was listening to it - she does massage therapy, and she said this would be nice to do massages to :)

Hi Brad,

Thanks for listening and for the kind words. All the instruments I used are samples. The cello I used is the Blakus Cello from Embertone.

Somebody else also told me the song is soothing. Must be that all that legato cello! :D

P.S. We just launched our new SoundCloud name, so I fixed the link up top accordingly.

Edited by Neifion
Fixed link for new SoundCloud name

Hi Brad,

Thanks for listening and for the kind words. All the instruments I used are samples. The cello I used is the Blakus Cello from Embertone.

Somebody else also told me the song is soothing. Must be that all that legato cello! :D

P.S. We just launched our new SoundCloud name, so I fixed the link up top accordingly.

Yeah, it was the cello part that sounded pretty realistic. You played the various parts though?

Yeah, it was the cello part that sounded pretty realistic. You played the various parts though?

Yes, I play the instruments in real-time on the digital piano and simultaneously control the MIDI CC data with my iPod. The Blakus Cello is nice because you can control so much (dynamics, vibrato intensity, vibrato speed, portamento, etc.) all live. I think it really helps the performance when you can do it that way. Nothing beats the real thing, of course, but you can get pretty close these days.