PRC260 - Results - Celebrating 10 Years of PRC

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 260

PRCv10-26

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

This is a big milestone for the PRC remix competition. Like every 26th PRC, this is an aniversary edition. This is already the 10th anniversary of the contest.

The anniversary edition is always a good moment to look back at the previous rounds. This year (in round 235-259, 25 rounds in total), 21 different remixers participated. 14 of them managed to win at least one round. Esperado and OneUp are on top with 4 wins this year. 85 Songs were submitted, which is 3.54 songs on average. 5 Of these songs are Bonus Mixes. The songs are distributed over the rounds as follows:

songsperround.jpeg

Last year (PRC209-234) 28 unique participants entered, with 15 unique winners. Sggod89 was the master of that year with 7 wins. 85 songs were submitted including 5 bonus mixes (exactly the same as this year, but here the anniversary edition is included).

PRC260.jpg

Free Round

Everything is acceptable this time. You are free to remix Ice Cap, Lemmings, Godzilla, the hammer theme of Donkey Kong, the movie theme of Star Wars, the theme song from the Champions League (soccer), anything is fine for this round. Even original songs are acceptable for this round. It is up to you to decide. Midi rips are allowed this time.

Only requirement is that the songs must be at least 30 seconds long. Of course, the winner of PRC259 (which is not announced yet) may participate in this round. Because it is an anniversary edition, you also have longer time as usual.

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

If anyone has problems with registering or uploading the song to ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in the thread. I recommend Soundcloud. Remember to have a download link to the song, so I can upload the song to ThaSauce.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are allowed this time.
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY DECEMBER 29th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. This round you may remix everything you like. Even original songs are allowed. The song only has to be at least 30 seconds long.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

i had 4 wins? i thought i only had three! my new years resolution was to win 3 , so im glad i exceeded that by 1 :)

but oi i sure am excited for this. i love multi week compos as they give you time to really polish, and one with the freedom of choice is even better! im expecting some stiff competition this round.

10 Years of uninterrupted competitions every week. I feel this is something OCR should showcase, it's a pretty damn impressive milestone and quite a lot of mixes done for PRC have found their way to mixposts, and quite a lof of artists including myself have grown a lot thanks to PRC.

I second this, i dunno if the staff agrees, but i really do think that its an incredible feat. IF im not mistaken, some of the more well known ReMixers have gotten their start on the Prc.

I second this, i dunno if the staff agrees, but i really do think that its an incredible feat. IF im not mistaken, some of the more well known ReMixers have gotten their start on the Prc.

I know I got my start on the IMC (IronMix Competition) which was the predecessor to PRC, and I refined my skills by joining these kind of compos, I know many others who got their start here as well or at least honed their skills by joining. There's no other activity that has been as consistent and long-running at PRC in OCR as far as I know.

Indeed...what a long time this competition has been running for!

Not since whenever the beginning was, but I've been a long-time listener, though only a one-time poster.

So with the major extension and the ultimately free-reign of this round, I'd like to try adding another piece to my repertoire!

However I'm thinking there might be a major drawback...would you be willing to accept an instrumental version of an original theme. As in, what the actual composer made and where none of it was done by me?

Without giving the song away if I can even pull it off, there are vocals to the song that are the real highlight, and the instrumentals are really a minimalistic track in the background, for the most part. So I'd only be using my voice...but instead of just sending a recording of myself to submit, I'd like there to be some context to accompany me, and there's no way I can recreate the theme with neither the right DAW nor samples.

You may use any source you like to use, but the music must still be done by you for the biggest part (or together with someone you collaborate with). So it is fine to take a midi, only change the instruments and submit, but it is not allowed to pick a song, keep everything the same and add only a voice to it, with the original completely unchanged.

Taking vocals of a song and changing the instruments of the song is allowed, as long as it is not plagiarism. You're idea is fine for this round.

It is not allowed to submit work which are done by someone else, or work done by you before this round. However, you may use WIP's and finish them for this round, as long as most of the work is done for this round (in the upcoming two weeks).

...Sounds more like it wouldn't be allowed. I'd have to collaborate.

As late as it was last night, I didn't word myself right; I'll be replacing the vocals with my own, and the original instrumentals of the theme are being kept in tact. Basically like a karaoke cover of sorts. I only thought it would work because the instrumentals are not really the focal point.

...Should probably go ahead and just say what the theme is.

I don't mind much this time. As long as you put some effort on the song and I can call the submission a 'song', it's acceptable for this round.

ThaSauce thread will be up in 20 minutes. PRC259 is over, congrats to Trism.

The winner of this round gets to pick the source of PRC262, not PRC261. The reason is that I want to have PRC261 started directly after this round. PRC262 will be a double source PRC.

Edited by Bundeslang

Wow. I want in on this one big time. Of course the challenge is what do I pick, seeing as there are no restrictions on source.

Same here. I always get stuck picking a source in these situations. And usually when I do I end up not actually liking the source I've picked and end up giving up entirely in exasperation with myself ha ha.

ThaSauce thread will be up in 20 minutes. PRC259 is over, congrats to Trism.

The winner of this round gets to pick the source of PRC262, not PRC261. The reason is that I want to have PRC261 started directly after this round. PRC262 will be a double source PRC.

the magfest PRC round! i may or may not submit something half assed that week. itd be a fun challenge.

as for the round, im excited to see all these entries! with two weeks to work, Im bringing my A-game, so i hope everyone else does!

Been busy, just saw this. Wow 10 years. That's amazing. I have an album currently with a deadline for april. I need like 3 more tracks. Since this can have an original track I am trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. Original PRC entry + another track for the album. Like 3 days left assuming I don't get busy I should have time to make an original track.

Yeah I have wanted to make an original track for a compo here for a while so people can kind of see my other side so to speak :P I just checked yesterday (or the day before, I can't remember) and saw so it's not as polished as I would have liked but I'm not too upset. Anyways, good luck everyone, and a belated happy holidays/merry christmas/happy kwanzaa/hanukkah/whatever the case may be :)

Edited by Xsquader