Your list of essential purchases for under $1000ish?

ectogemia

I ended up getting a grant from a dev I'm working with to buy some music software to the tune of about $1000. I've already got Komplete 8 and Omnisphere. Trillian is on the way for x-mas.

What would you recommend as the best music purchases to make for under $1000? Just looking for ideas while I shop around.

I'm thinking of getting some combo of:

Glitch 2

EWQL Complete Composers Collection

Stylus RMX

Some kind of rock drum library

Shreddage II or some other good rhythm guitar sample library

Plogue Chipsounds

Any feedback on your experiences with any of those things^^?

ValhallaRoom - $50

Reverb: done

YES, thank you! I totally forgot about reverb. I desperately need a better one. I've heard good things about Valahalla reverb.

Absolutely cannot recommend Steven Slate Drums enough.

Wow, for $200, that seems like a solid deal. I just listened to a bunch of samples, and this should fill this particular gap in my arsenal nicely. I think this one's gonna end up on the short list, too. Thanks, man!

Edited by ectogemia

Glitch 2 is a no-brainer. Go get it.

EWQLCCC is literally the entire $1000 IIRC. lol. Not entirely necessary, but if you really have the money, sure?

Stylus RMX isn't a necessary resource, but if you feel like you need it, it's a'ight. Better than most if not all other drum loop libraries/hosts/collections.

Shreddage II is win. I used it and Shreddage X in this (X was rhythm, II was lead and rhythm).

Edited by timaeus222

Wow, for $200, that seems like a solid deal. I just listened to a bunch of samples, and this should fill this particular gap in my arsenal nicely. I think this one's gonna end up on the short list, too. Thanks, man!

Just a quick warning about SSD. The kick and the snare samples have some really sharp transients that may require a different approach to mixing then what you are used to. Your ending waveform will look like a porcupine with those drum samples and it's supposed to. Which is something I didn't understand for awhile.

Of course you could just chalk that up to noobish mixing. :)

iLoks are exactly as bad as people make them out to be.

They're constructed terribly, too expensive, and the cost of misplacing or forgetting them (not being able to use the software you paid hundreds or thousands for) is unacceptable.

Avoid PLAY Products like the PLAYGUE unless you want the whole Composer's Collection (which makes the iLok relatively insignificant in cost). Kontakt is a more powerful engine anyway, and as a result the scripting is much more gratifying.