Will Ohm Studio Make Remix Collabs Easier?

I just saw this pop up on Steam, and it looked interesting:

http://www.ohmstudio.com/

Basically, you can have people edit parts of a project remotely and have it show up instantly (theoretically). I haven't used it yet, so I'm not sure how well it works, but what're all your thoughts on it? You think it'll be a viable option in remix collabs?

Wow, that actually looks really intriguing. The included plugins with the paid versions are kinda the extra icing--Ohmforce makes some pretty good stuff. Wonder if you get the VST versions with purchase, or if that's what they are in the first place? I'm tempted to pick it up just because of that, and then let the software mature over time.

EDIT: And Ecto, I think this is a bit different, in that you won't have to worry about a net connection distorting the sound necessarily. Parts would just kinda show up.

"The sound data goes from his computer to the cloud" lol the cloud again. Cubase has been doing this since version 7, except Cubase also has live video feeds integrated so you can video chat while working together.

I don't know how well any of it really works because I haven't used it. I don't have much faith in sending huge chunks of live streaming 24bit audio like that without a really fast and solid internet connection.

"The sound data goes from his computer to the cloud" lol the cloud again. Cubase has been doing this since version 7, except Cubase also has live video feeds integrated so you can video chat while working together.

I don't know how well any of it really works because I haven't used it. I don't have much faith in sending huge chunks of live streaming 24bit audio like that without a really fast and solid internet connection.

The difference being that this is much more accessible than Cubase, with the most expensive version being somewhere between $100-$200 (too lazy to find the exchange rate from 99 Euros) and the base software being completely free. Though, this is why I'm cautious about the quality of the thing - I would expect a DAW that cheap to be pretty crummy. And of course, you'd need hella internet speeds for streaming HQ audio (like you said). Who knows though, maybe it's not that bad.