Pinball Fantaisies - Main menu

GuitarSh0re

I'm a huge fan of DI's Pinball games & their music so I was excited to just see this thread. I enjoyed your take, too! I thought you had made it sound your own, which I always appreciate.

As for hopefully constructive critisism, it seemed that the guitar was burying the backing, and that when there were two guitars simultaneously, they were burying each other. So the mixing levels and especially EQ could be improved. I'm on pretty bad listening gear at the moment, which may contribute though. I'll see if I can have another listen in better environment.

The other thing I thought was that the timpani/kettle drum suffered from being a single sample.

I also would love to hear you expand the arrangement; give it more lenght, and perhaps write some variations of the lead melody.

--Eino

As for hopefully constructive critisism, it seemed that the guitar was burying the backing, and that when there were two guitars simultaneously, they were burying each other. So the mixing levels and especially EQ could be improved. I'm on pretty bad listening gear at the moment, which may contribute though. I'll see if I can have another listen in better environment.

Hmh, I'm not hearing that much now, except for the second guitar coming in at 0:21 is eating up the other guitar a bit. It also feels it has a bit too much low end in it.

The other thing I thought was that the timpani/kettle drum suffered from being a single sample.

That's a floor tom, right? :D Not even sure if it's a single sample. Something was sticking out about it to me. Oh well.

Damn, it's criminally short.

--Eino

Dear Eino First of all thank you for your constructive comments, and I must agree, pinball tunes of the 90's are reaaaaally great :)

You're right, I'm definetely not a good sound engineer and am only able to re-write songs and play it on guitars. That's the big flaw. I'm looking forward to improve my sounds skills but that's not that easy, mixing different guitars at the same time is especially difficult for me for instance (I tried to pan them a bit, but hmmm it seems that's not sufficient enough).

Moreover, I can't make the drums sound realistic or at last with that 90's mod-like sound. I'll look at other free drum vst if there are any. GS