OCR00482 - Legend of Zelda "Fear and Sufferance of a Loved One in the Hands of Evil"

Ginnsu

Legend of Zelda 'Fear and Sufferance of a Loved One in the Hands of Evil'

This is just simply awesome, especially if you’re a Zelda fan. Mr. Praslowicz really knows he’s guitars. A nice steady beat and an excellent sounding reverb. It does get a little overwhelming around 3:00 but nothing too harsh. Great job Mr. Praslowicz, and keep up the great work.

• 1 month later...

I absolutely LOVE this remix and the way it was arranged. I love the distortion guitars and how it fades in at the beginning - it sounds like the end part of "Helter Skelter" by the Beatles. Also, near the end (I'm not sure where), if you listen closely over all the distortion, you can hear the Zelda theme played by a quiet piano which also abruptly ends the piece. Overall, a definite download. If nothing else, it had a prime spot on my first OCremix Cd after the Rabbit Joint mix...

• 3 months later...

We always see link running around by himself, or with a fairy...but what are wars like in Hyrule, the kind of war where 3,000 angry, wronged, and vengeful elf-things go out onto a field and spill the blood of their enemies?

While we probably won't be seeing that coming out of Nintendo any time soon, we can sit back and listen to this masterpiece and imagine. And hey, maybe someone at Nintendo may be inclined to make such a game on the Gamecube2? It could happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I just couldn't get into this remix. I know that K.P. does good guitar work (like in his Blaster Master Mix), and the idea is good, but it just doesn't sound right. I'm certain K.P. was intending for a dark take on the classic theme, but in the end it still sounds too happy. The guitar scribbling/scratching/whatever in this song is just excessive and makes it sound bad. I can't reccomend this song, but you should still check it out to see if it floats your boat.

• 4 months later...

This doesn't really give it a more dark and forbidding feel in my opinion - doesn't really give the feeling that Link would really have fighting all those freakin' dangerous monsters; especially when I'm thinking of that one picture in the manual of Link hiding behind a stone slab with his dinky sword and shield. On the other side? One of those one-eyed spider things, and it was drawn to be about, oh, forty feet tall. Just about yer average monster in Zelda 1.

• 5 months later...

this one owns. it stablishes a total sense of desesperation and darkness and presure and angst in the well-known theme of zelda. the guitar work is awesome, and even if it gets a little weird at around 3:00, it still fits completely, as it adds even MORE desperation and that taste of tensionso well achieved all trough the piece. the piano entering during the most distorted part and ending ABRUPTLY with the song is an absolutely awesome crownin touch. that is the part I like most. the ending. simply impressive.

Cano

and very creative also, indeed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This piece is simply beautiful, you guys!

The darkness, the foreboding, the pain and dispair - such an wonderfully imaginitive title to give you a small taster of what the track itself has in store.

This remix really did move me, I can feel my heart ache when I listen to this, a longing for release from hopelessness...

*ahem* I mean, truly emotional stuff! Excellent!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bah. Annoys me more than anything else. If there had been bagpipes going in the background, it would've worked, but this just sounds like you put no effort into it. The mind screams "Where's the *&^# bassline!"

It's too well-known and loved to leave out, so I can't say I enjoy this one.

• 3 months later...

Eerie beginning, but fifty seconds without hearing the melody is too long. When we actually get into the guitar solo, it sounds much better. It still has that edgy feel, but now we have a central theme. Very different from just about every other Zelda remix. I like how the melody comes back slightly in the chaos at the end and then everything but the melody is gone. Still, there are too many things that I can't stand about this piece. 6/10

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

The intro took forever, and that minor drone was pretty dissonant when paired up with the major melody. Production was really muddy, but there was some decent guitar playing, and I did like the lead tone.

The rhythm tone was a bit messy sounding, and the ending was really strange. I realize this is an older mix, and there are definitely some good sections, but the various sections didn't really mesh I don't think.

Worth a listen, maybe you'll enjoy it more than I did.

• 9 months later...

I like the intensity on this one. It's arranged like a bagpipe song in terms of the percussion, the pacing and the tone of the guitar, but there are obvious expansions on the theme that bagpipes just cannot pull off. The final result sounds like hellish versions of Celtic and Indian musical stylings. It's quite a combination.

Obviously, the production here isn't clean enough to eat off, but the mix would be something else altogether if it were. What it attempts to do is bring out the darker themes of Zelda (and they are there), which I think it does pretty successfully. I appreciate that it's Zelda from a different perspective, yet it is still Zelda. Which is a lot more than other mixes have done, despite them being technically superior.

I'd say this mix was pretty excellent.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool intro. Very grating and it creates a great tone. The droning synth actually sounds great to me as it creates a tension in the mix that the original didn't have. The drums that come in are very much like your Rygar mix. I pray they go into a heavy rock beat at some point!. Guitar lead is by far the best sounding one you've had up to this point. Crisp, clear, and very well defined! The track gets a bit repetitive. The "chaotic" parts after playing the main melody create a great cinematic feel to the track. Very Dark Knight, but it is a complete wall of sound. The abrupt ending was actually a nice touch. KP, while I know that this may be a personal preference on my part, I feel like this track had the most potential out of all the tracks you've done up to this point but the dynamics of the track never changed and it was hard to get into it for me. I also missed the chord progression that the original track had. The droning reminded me of your first remix, and while a cool idea, it seemed to cause the track to become a little repetitive. Bottom line is that the production value in you mixes is growing and I can't wait to hear what you have in store next.

• 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00482 - Legend of Zelda "Fear and Sufferance of a Loved One in the Hands of Evil"