Sign in to follow this  
djpretzel

OCR02796 - Final Fantasy VI 'Black Genesis'

Really really like the part writing and pacing of this track. Fits the source tune really well. Was not a big fan of the portamento synth in the beginning. The idea was good the sound just didn't fit. Excellent arrangement overall by you two!

There's definitely a menacing edge to this ReMix. DJP said that this had an "apocalyptic carnival" vibe, and I'm going to agree with that description. Awesome work, both of you!

B&B. Great pairing as always. ^_^ And, I think, not much time to put the first draft together for the contest.

What's there to say? It's a floating island (continent :P). It's metal. It's great. :) The turn at 3:28 is pretty cool. Would definitely play this over the source for some playthroughs.

... New Continent is metal, yiss. :u *devil's horns* \--/

That intro is fantastic. The synth really sells the tone, and the absolutely wonderful guitar performance is the glue that holds it together. I think the only complaint I have is that it tends to drag a bit in the middle, but overall a great mix!