*NO* Battlefield 2 'PLA Lose'

djpretzel

It's unfortunate that I can't speak on the arrangement, as I can't find a source, but don't need one.

Percussion writing was flimsy and repetitive and didn't add much to the piece. Vox sounded robotic, strings sounded mechanically sequenced.

Key change into the next section at 2:06 was OK, but again, everything sound rigid, robotic, and fake, with the worst offender being those strings again.

Piano and drum usage at 3:23 brought my interest back up. There's a decent effort to providing variation in order to keep the piece engaging, but this just wasn't put together very well. Decent sounds in use, but poorly used; can't rely on the samples to carry this piece.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

There's some great ideas here. The violin is ace. I absolutely love the bends, very nice ornamentation there.

Unfortunately this track suffers from extreme case of mechanical issues. The sequencing is so on the money it comes off as sequenced and robotic sounding. Especially of the string short bows, piano and snare later on.

I'd like to hear more elements in place here with some better attention paid to the production. The piano for example has a little too much reverb considering the others don't. It almost sounds like they all are in different spaces.

Good concept, now work on the execution. NO

This is horribly repetitive. The sitar and percussion's repetition is inexcusable. There's no attempt at making sounds fit together here. The percussion is totally out of place. Why are you using a dance kick and that tiny clicking hat?

The string work isn't that great either. All the same velocity and no balance between the instruments. Things come off as messy and crowded.

Sequencing is too mechanical and the sounds don't compliment eachother.

NO