Gauging Interest for an Advance Wars Album

BrothaDom

Hi everyone! So I want to see what kind of interest there might be in doing a ReMix album for the Advance Wars series, specifically Duel Strike for the Nintendo DS. The games have very interesting and diverse soundtracks in my opinion, and have a lot of room for remix possibilities. Additionally, I haven’t seen any remixes on the site (except for a coming track on the Badass Vol 3, I believe.) This would be a great chance to fix that for such an excellent source!

I figure Advance Wars: Duel Strike is a smart choice for the series, as it incorporates all but one of the major themes from 1 and 2. However, this raises a huge concern: Including only the character themes, there is a whopping set of 28 tracks…plus some more “important” tracks that would be really great to include.

As I said, this is only to see who’s interested, but here is a quick outline of how I see it possibly playing out:

Each section would start with the respective nation’s theme, and then have a remix for each character. Rinse, repeat. This would be the format for all five groups, with the other relevant songs mixed in.

Additionally, upon re-listening to the soundtrack, I noticed that each nation seems to have a musical theme…maybe we could match that? But that wouldn’t be a rigid constraint. Again, this is all based on interest.

Here’s just the nation themes to get started and a link to the full list:

Tracklist - http://www.advancewarsnet.com/?g=awds&m=aud

Orange Star Theme –

Blue Moon Theme –

Yellow Comet Theme– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnB30IPINTk

Green Earth Theme – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4KMwOl_pFY

Black Hole Theme – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuYEU1QdHmo

So yeah, just wanting to gauge how people might feel!

I've only ever played the first game, but I fell in love with the soundtrack immediately. I ripped each of the character themes as soon as I had them unlocked and slapped them on my MP3 player. And the soundtrack is full of catchy melody hooks, it absolutely screams for remixes.

I'm a noob yet, and I know I'd have to audition for a project, but I would absolutely be on board (with a preference for characters from the first game, of course).

I'm a noob yet, and I know I'd have to audition for a project, but I would absolutely be on board (with a preference for characters from the first game, of course).

Hey no problem, just trying to see who'd be up for it! Also, most of the characters in Dual Strike are in the first one!

I'd join an AW project if I hadn't so much work to do. AW's soundtrack is really awesome, and needs remixes (oh yes, I'm responsible for the Sturm remix on BA3 lol).

I thought it was you...I hope that's going well and can't wait to hear it. Of course, this project would be a good bit away from now, so I'll make sure to keep you updated!

All my current OCR albums are released now and I don't have any new ones lined up... yet! Also, I love Advance Wars so I'm interested :D

Excellent! If we can get enough interest, that would be great! But I think we do need a sizable team, a group willing to do many tracks.

You can list me as interested. I'm not an arranger, but a vocalist; Bari/Bass. I'd be glad to lend my voice to anyone who needs it.

Cool! If you've heard the soundtrack, it could definitely be complimented with vocals. Also, there's sometimes soundclips, so it would be great to have you on board.

I'm personally not an AW fan, but Dom you already know that you've got my sword (and my horns... and my AXE!) if needed.

I'd join an AW project if I hadn't so much work to do. AW's soundtrack is really awesome, and needs remixes (oh yes, I'm responsible for the Sturm remix on BA3 lol).

saw the thread title and you were quite instantly the first person I thought of. :<

If you really feel like starting the project, I'd advise you to keep the tracklist quite short (around 15 tracks max) and to expand it if some people show interest. AW isn't the best known series in the workd (it's not FF lol), so be sure to keep your tracklist "reasonably" short.

Something like CO's themes (+ 1-2 other themes, like the main theme) would be perfect in my opinion. Just focusing on AW 1&2 (the GBA games) would also be a good choice.

And if you feel like directing the album, I can lend a hand as an assistant director/give feedback. I'm too busy to handle multiple projects at the time (already helping for the BA3 album), but I really want this to happen. :)

That does make a lot of sense. I have no problem with a shorter list, to be honest. Because really, it would just be nice to have some music from the series in general.

I wouldn't mind trying to direct the project...I still feel kind of noob-level, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I agree completely though, I really want to see this project go somewhere.

My band has disbanded and I'm pretty open right now, so count me in!

Aw man, shame about the band...but let's hope you can do some awesome Advance Wars stuff!

I'd like to try and help out some on this. Just jammed to Andy's theme for about 20 minutes while reminiscing about playing Black Hole Rising and Dual Strike.

Any cool ideas with that?

• 3 weeks later...
Try to send PM's to artists you'd like to have on the project and when you have enough interested people, launch your project. You can also send PM's to people who said they were interested in this thread. :)

Talked to a few people and gathered a bit of interest. The idea is still rolling around, everyone! Remixing isn't starting too soon, so we gotta find some more people to join in:sleepdepriv:

• 1 year later...