Round six: Wild Arms: Overworld Theme

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1pIPIiKSMZiwPwEBBQKlwe7V2caM9zeW_Qmz3DXT6qZ_LtPrI6A

Midi

Starts: 18/12/2013

Ends: Thursday 1/2/2014 @ 2PM

Vote Stage: 2nd to 4th @ 9PM

Submit your remix Here when completed.

MISSION STATEMENT

The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. A modicum of originality is recommended, but not required.

All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct *

MnP Instructions

1. Slight alterations of the source are encouraged, but not required.

2. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.

3. Stay relatively close to the source's mood and notation. Refer to the example tracks for reference.

4. Any genre is acceptable, so long as you can still capture the source tune's mood and a good chunk of the notation.

5. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).

**I will state the voting rules at the voting stage, so as to keep the rule list here as small as possible. I'll also relax the rules on qualative statements about your own works, because frankly, it seems impossible to prevent it from happening anyways, but I would humbly suggest that you try to exercize some discretion about said comments on yours or other people's tracks.**

Example Tracks:

FF7_SonOfChaos,

SMW_Monstrous_Turtles,

Hitman_Contract_Cleaner,

MISC/TIPS

- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.

- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

- Certain sad or moody source tunes don't have drums or percussion for a reason. So keeping it that way may be the easiest way to retain much of the original feel, such as

and

MnP

Edited by HoboKa

esperado wanted me to pick in his stead as he couldn't think of anything and didn't wish to hold up the compo any longer. I've decided to make the compo 2 weeks longer than normal due to it being the Christmas season :P

its funny, i was at work when i thought of a bunch of games that i kept overlooking whenever looking for track suggestions in compos. You did good with this one though.

its funny, i was at work when i thought of a bunch of games that i kept overlooking whenever looking for track suggestions in compos. You did good with this one though.

Yeah, figured we needed something a bit less overdone, albeit this is prob the 1 track of wild arms that has been covered several times...there is an "elw" theme (from Wild Arms) that doesn't have a MIDI for that I rly wanted to use, but this 1 is the best contender and not overly difficult to work with, since it loops after about :52 or so.

It's actually stolen from the main theme of the movie: 'The Ecstasy of Gold', but in Japan, who's gonna tell?? I guess they (the dev team) smartened up for Wild Arms 2 and made a more-or-less original over world theme.

YES! That's it! I know if from Metallica strangely enough. They use it as their intro music for their live shows :-D

For various reasons, I won't be done before the deadline sadly. If you can extend it by a day, I promise I'll get it submitted. I only suggest this because of the low participation, but it's been a weird week for me.

ahhh...too late, sorry.

It looks like that Trism wins by default :nicework:

Trism, come on over and submit me a source tune

EDIT

This was already an abnormally long session and I'm thinking that the source tune is too obscure for most OCR people sadly >_< my bad.

Edited by HoboKa

This was already an abnormally long session and I'm thinking that the source tune is too obscure for most OCR people sadly >_< my bad.
I doubt that it was too obscure; it's actually pretty well-known and very good. The game even has a lengthy OCR album. Chalk it up to the holiday season, more likely. I know I had intended to submit to the PRC this time, and couldn't despite the extra-long remix period. Also this PRC round was ridiculously tempting and probably stole some of the attention from MnP.

I doubt that it was too obscure; it's actually pretty well-known and very good. The game even has a lengthy OCR album. Chalk it up to the holiday season, more likely. I know I had intended to submit to the PRC this time, and couldn't despite the extra-long remix period. Also this PRC round was ridiculously tempting and probably stole some of the attention from MnP.

Agreed. I only got to get one in because I started on the first day of the compo and managed to snatch a few hours on the day I submitted. I'll have a new source with you shortly Hobo :)

Agreed. I only got to get one in because I started on the first day of the compo and managed to snatch a few hours on the day I submitted. I'll have a new source with you shortly Hobo :)

Great, I'll check it out and get the next round rolling asap. And thx a bunch for submitting something Trism. I digged it a lot :<

Yeah sort of true - however, Wild Arms still doesn't garner as much love as Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Metroid, megaman, castlevania, mario, sonic etc. So it's still small fry in my books. I friggin' love Wild Arms 1 though :D Gonna try out Wild Arms 3 soon. 2 was pretty MEH

Edited by HoboKa