OCR02798 - Mario Kart 64 "Radiance"

djpretzel

I remember when Stevo first showed people the song on OCAD, and how I was blown away by how it sounded with his vocals. Seeing the final product now after all this time is pretty amazing, especially since the extra instrument tracks, chiptunes, and vocal harmony brings a slightly different feeling to the song that I really enjoy.

Don't care what anyone may say, Stevo has a good singing voice for these lighter songs, and this ReMix has a ton of heart because of it. Brigg's chiptunes that sorta fly all around the mix just seems to make it that much more magical. Wonderful ReMix of Rainbow Road.

I loved the original version I heard from Stevo back on the WIP forums ages ago. I had no idea that this song actually got finished up and was going to be posted! That's awesome! I love how the song has progressed from the old version I heard. The stuff Ben added was great. Well done. This song still reminds me so much of the the alt-rock/punk band "The Ataris" from the early 2000s :razz:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The vocals are a little nasally, but that's not entirely a bad thing. I have to agree that Stevo's voice definitely sounds better with the backing vocals, though. As for the track itself, I'm legitimately amazed at how well lyrics fit in with Rainbow Road; this track honestly sounds like something you could come across on the radio and be like "that's my new favorite song."

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02798 - Mario Kart 64 "Radiance"