OCR00483 - Streets of Rage "The Last Dragon"

Ginnsu

Streets of Rage 'The Last Dragon'

I love very deep 303’s. This mix defiantly has a lot of that going on. As well as a whole bunch of awesome distortion, and some kick ass vocal samples to wrap it all up. I must say Mr. 44 this one is a treat, excellent work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Mortal Kombat anyone? I could totally hear the low voice announcer start listing off the MK fighter's names through this.

The transition between the solitary synth back to the full mix is all kinds of akward, but I gotta say this mix is pretty sweet; very driving, But maybe a bit too repetitive.

I remember seeing that movie, and it is possibly the worst movie I have ever seen that I loved.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I am definitely sensing feelings of dire urgency and seriousness throughout this mix and not much else.

The vocal samples at the end aren't really used to their fullest potential, and everything before that, well..., there isn't really anything noteworthy before the vocal samples.

Ultimately, it's really too repetitive to be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

A 2001 mix, covering a very unmelodic source. I know it's Streets of Rage, but it makes it hard to evaluate in regards to arrangement standards.

Admittedly there seems to be some good synth manipulation work with the amount of decay and variety of textures being brought into the track. It stays fairly well towards the source, but even then it only really used the accompaniment part as just the main beef for the track. The driving percussion actually feels really weak and muffled, and even then I felt really questioned about the ending with the voice samples in; seemed to feel out of place.

In regards to setting, this one didn't quite age as gracefully as some of the other tracks I've seen around here. It can be fun if you like the game, but otherwise I can't really make a serious recommendation :(

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00483 - Streets of Rage "The Last Dragon"