OCR02800 - StarCraft II "Broken Wings"

djpretzel

This is a pretty neat song and y'all should listen to it.

I've gotten better at piano humanization since this song, but my favorite part of the song is probably how the opening piano notes come into the background during the main chorus of the song. I didn't really notice how well it worked until listening to the song a few months after it was finished.

Big thanks to Flexstyle on this song for real. This track has influenced my newer stuff in a very good way. Especially in messing with deeper and more intricate ambience.

Hope you all like, this though. Also, first on Starcraft 2! Yay!

Edited by urdailywater

Wonderful piece. I have not heard the source, but I love the down tempo. The speed with the combination of orchestra give it a very cinematic feel. The judicious use of electronic sounds really gives the feeling that we are listening to something that belongs in the game's universe, as opposed to just on a screen.

Amazing work!

Very moody and coldly beautiful. I love how the RWTS compo works on helping others polish and build on their musical abilities, and combines the experience of other ReMixers to create sweet songs like this. Lots of emotion and atmosphere, but the main melody just keeps you glued in. Damn good track, keep it up guys.

Woot! RMWtS on the first page! Always knew this was the mix that was going to make it happen.

With so many compos running these days, it's hard to generate much interest in this one. Stars in particular are hard to come by. I was going to run another round in January, but it looks like SZRC2014 will conflict. I may need to consider an alternative schedule or format to keep this going on a more regular basis.

Woot! RMWtS on the first page! Always knew this was the mix that was going to make it happen.

With so many compos running these days, it's hard to generate much interest in this one. Stars in particular are hard to come by. I was going to run another round in January, but it looks like SZRC2014 will conflict. I may need to consider an alternative schedule or format to keep this going on a more regular basis.

I'd be interested, but I'm just waiting for a fun theme.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02800 - StarCraft II "Broken Wings"