*NO* Blast Corps 'You Saved the World'

djpretzel

Here's my info; I'm a new user, so I'll post all that stuff too. Sorry for the empty send.

Contact info-

Remixer Name: Miszou

g_michalec@yahoo.com

www.soundclick.com/silverlineproductions

Remix info-

Game: Blast Corps

Song remixed: End Credits theme

Comments: *Insert obligatory "first piece remixed" comments.*

Silverline Productions

Exciting high-quality original music in the genres of Electronica, Jazz Fusion, Orchestral, Instrumental and everything in between.

www.soundclick.com/silverlineproductions

Everything Copyright 2006 Greg Michalec.

this is a little bit too simple. lots of subtle aspects lack necessary complexity. the attack on the leads are too slow. the first minute or so has very little going on. later some of the counterharmonies work really well, like the brass, etc. the other problem is that it is repetitive.

Not bad for a start, keep working with the counterharmonies, and try to make the track develop more.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/usf/bcorpsusf.rar - 052 "Credits"

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/Bcending.mid

Strings do attack too slowly like Vig stated and sound very synthetic, and the rest of the instrumentation is too simple. Such boring, looping beat patterns really dragged the track down. Pretty much all of the real-instrument sounds in there sounded very robotically performed.

Submission Instructions & Standards]In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top. Also, don't simply take a MIDI file and assign new instruments to the parts, or add reverb, and expect that to pass as 'yours'. When we say 'ReMix', we actually mean something closer to 're-arrangement', if that helps clarify. If you listen to most of the pieces on the site and compare them to the originals, you should get an idea of what a ReMix is.

The arrangement is nearly verbatim. Don't just take a MIDI and change around a few aspects of it. I'm letting it go because there were some other notable additive aspects especially later in the track, but even if the sounds were awesome, this uncreative arrangement would never pass. You have to personalize it more, and that typically means not using the verbatim structure of the original.

NO

Too conservative, too bland and the balancing is off. Your windchimes are as loud as the strongest dynamic sections of the horn ensemble. Which is viable I suppose depending on how you want the sound to ultimately be, but I just don't feel it works well in this context.

The groove needs a lot of work as it is really repetitive.

It has its fun moments though, but really this needs more evolution, and less straight forward approach in the concept with more work paid to the polish.

Above average though, keep working at it. NO