SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2014 [TheGuitahHeroe wins - complete ZIP available!]

SuperiorX

My posts keep getting buried, but there is a ROSTER SPREADSHEET in the first post that has everyone listed and their picks, including the people I am holding spots for until I hear back from them. They expressed interest earlier, so they are safe for now. If they aren't interested or disappear for a week or something, then I'll open those spots up. For now there are 6 held spots left for:

• Amphibious
  • Hollow
  • Syllix
  • Disambiguity
  • Chernabogue
  • halc

I didn't think things were going to get quite this crazy in here! 8O

Edited by SuperiorX

I promise my friend sam (disambiguity) is entering, so save him a slot :-)

Heh. You've been trying to get me to do one of these competitions for a while now. Not going to let me chicken out at the last minute, are you?

My picks:

1) Volcano Valley Zone - Sonic 3D Blast

2) Metallic Madness Zone - Sonic CD (US, CD)

3) Flying Battery Zone - Sonic & Knuckles

4) Gene Gadget Zone - Sonic 3D Blast

5) Stardust Speedway Zone - Sonic CD (US, CD)

My posts keep getting buried, but there is a ROSTER SPREADSHEET in the first post that has everyone listed and their picks, including the people I am holding spots for until I hear back from them. They expressed interest earlier, so they are safe for now. If they aren't interested or disappear for a week or something, then I'll open those spots up. For now there are 6 held spots left for:

• Amphibious
  • Hollow
  • Syllix
  • Disambiguity
  • Chernabogue
  • halc

I didn't think things were going to get quite this crazy in here! 8O

It's Sonic xD. I'm sooo glad that I started to hum my first pick, because it prompted me to go on and check waaay earlier than I would have :).

@Brandon Strader: That pic is hilarious :lol:.

Bloody hell, it filled up within nearly 24 hours? That's amazing stuff! It'll also be sweet to see what comes out of all this - consider me really excited over this.

And Xenonetix has White Acropolis? Awesome - I covered that as part of the Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012, and I'm always happy to see more people give that source a bald attempt. Good luck :)

Sweet! The Roster Spreadsheet is updated with the picks that came in overnight. For now all spots are filled. I'm just waiting to hear back from Amphibious (whom I KNOW is signing up for sure) and Hollow (who posted in here he was interested, but I need to hear back). If Hollow doesn't sign up, then I'll open up that last spot.

Once I get their picks, we'll be set and I can do the zone draft. For now, it looks like most people should have no problem getting their #1 zone choice. We do have a couple of conflicts, including a 3-way for Green Hill. I've highlighted any #1 conflicts in the spreadsheet in case anyone wants to look and potentially change their choices before I do the draft. For conflicts, I'll flip a coin (or roll a die in the case of the 3-way) to decide who gets the zone. The loser moves on to their #2 pick, at which point I'll need to make sure their #2 doesn't conflict with anyone else's #1, otherwise I'll need to break more ties.

Heh. You've been trying to get me to do one of these competitions for a while now. Not going to let me chicken out at the last minute, are you?

My picks:

1) Volcano Valley Zone - Sonic 3D Blast

4) Gene Gadget Zone - Sonic 3D Blast

Are your Sonic 3D Blast picks from the Genesis or Saturn soundtracks?

1. Final Zone (Sonic 1)

2. Panic Puppet Zone (Sonic 3D Blast, Genesis)

3. Marble Zone (Sonic 1)

4. Labyrinth Zone (Sonic 1)

5. Oil Ocean Zone (Sonic 2)

Crap. The spots are already filled Jason :cry: Let me track down this Hollow guy and see if he was really going to sign up. He posted in this thread earlier in the week saying he was going to sign-up. If not, you got the spot I was holding for him for sure.

Also, the Final Zone from Sonic 1 is a boss level... which technically is not eligible per the rules in the FAQ, it was limited to standard zones (no boss levels, special stages, menu themes, etc.). If that's the one you really want though, I suppose I don't care that much, but ideally I'd like to keep things per the FAQ rules.

Whoops. They're both Genesis. Didn't realize the Saturn soundtrack was different.

Thanks!

Also, I appreciate everyone who left feedback last night regarding our discussion to expand beyond 32 participants. I certainly appreciate all the excitement and interest in the competition, but I think I'm just going to stick with 32 as the max for participants, out of respect for everyone's time. These compos are already a huge time commitment and expanding it beyond 32 would just make it even larger. And the last thing I'd want is for people to get burnt out and drop-out in the middle of the competition. If I host another Sonic competition after this one, I may look at a different model that would allow more participants, but not increase time commitments, similar to what DarkeSword has been doing with the Wily Castle Remix Gauntlets lately. Thanks everyone!

I sincerely hope everyone is looking forward to this competition though and will spread the word to everyone to check out the music and to vote when the match-ups start! Getting dedicated participants is incredibly important, but getting the word out there for people to listen to the music and consistently vote is just as important too! Thanks! :-D

1. Endless Mine Zone (Sonic 3)

2. Panic Puppet Zone (Sonic 3D Blast, Genesis)

3. Marble Zone (Sonic 1)

4. Labyrinth Zone (Sonic 1)

5. Oil Ocean Zone (Sonic 2)

Will that do?

Crap. The spots are already filled Jason Let me track down this Hollow guy and see if he was really going to sign up. He posted in this thread earlier in the week saying he was going to sign-up. If not, you got the spot I was holding for him for sure.

Ok. Had I known that the reserve-a-spot-in-the-signups signups actually began when the thread was posted, I would've said something then.