SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2014 [TheGuitahHeroe wins - complete ZIP available!]

SuperiorX

OK! So the Zone conflicts are resolved:

• Brandon Strader won the 3-way tie for Green Hill Zone (Sonic 1)
    • TheGuitahHeroe then got Death Egg (Sonic & Knuckles)
    • DusK then had a 3-way tie for Tropical Resort (Sonic Colors)

[*]Tuberz McGee won the 3-way tie for Tropical Resort (Sonic Colors)

• Arceace then got Bingo Highway (Sonic Heroes)
    • DusK then got Lava Reef (Sonic & Knuckles)

[*]DjjD won the flip for Mystic Cave (Sonic 2)

• BlackPanther then got Spring Yard (Sonic 1)

The final assigned Zones, their game/soundtrack, and source link information is now stored in a new tab of the Roster Spreadsheet titled "Final Roster".

I have to head out for a bit, so I'll plan to assign the brackets tonight. Please let me know if you have any special considerations before then. I've received a handful of requests from people to be in a certain bracket due to time constraints on certain weeks. As a reminder, mixing rounds will last one week and go from Sunday - Sunday (US - Eastern Times). The Sonic Bracket will begin it's first round on January 26th and the Robotnik Bracket will begin it's first round on February 2nd.

Edited by SuperiorX

Yes it does (or at least, I hoped so when I asked for it). White Acropolis has two acts, and http://youtu.be/rayLCPzTM7w is "The Base" which is the second act, "Snowy Peak" being the first.

Yeah it does. Sorry about that. I never played Sonic 2006 and when I was looking up links I didn't see an Act 1 or Act 2. Thanks!

OK! Bracket assignments are as follows:

Sonic Bracket:

• Amphibious
  • Arrow
  • Brandon Strader
  • Cash
  • Disambiguity
  • DJ Max-E
  • hakstock
  • halc
  • Jason Covenant
  • jnWake
  • ladyWildfire
  • Ryan Jobson
  • Sir_NutS
  • SuperiorX
  • Trism
  • Xenonetix

Robotnik Bracket:

• Arceace
  • BlackPanther
  • BrothaDom
  • Chernabogue
  • Cosmic Sounds
  • DjjD
  • DusK
  • Eino Keskitalo
  • Flexstyle
  • Funk Fiction
  • Garpocalypse
  • NovaReaper
  • TheGuitahHeroe
  • therex
  • theshaggyfreak
  • Tuberz McGee

The Sonic Bracket will begin mixing its' 1st Round on Sunday, January 26th at 12PM (noon) ET. Individual match-ups will be posted at that time. Mixes for the 1st Round will be due on Sunday, February 2nd at 12PM (noon) ET. Submission details are outlined in the first post.

The Robotnik Bracket will begin mixing its' 1st Round on Sunday, February 2nd at 12PM (noon) ET. Individual match-ups will be posted at that time. Mixes for the 1st Round will be due on Sunday, February 9th at 12PM (noon) EDT.

Voting for each round will take place the week immediately following submissions (the same week the other bracket is mixing). Voting results and next-round match-ups will always be posted at 12PM ET. All of these details and more will be added to the first post momentarily.

Now that brackets are assigned, I'll start work on your custom bracket sigs. Keep an eye out for them! And quick now that brackets are announced, everyone start working on 15 different versions of your songs, one of them will be right! :razz:

If I had known the recruiting period would have finished so quickly, I would've had the first mixing rounds start one week sooner. Since I've already been communicating all the dates though, we'll just keep it as is, especially since these dates did seem to work well for everyone. I figure this will give everyone some more time to familiarize themselves with their zone theme and to check out the other themes in your bracket too!

Thanks for putting me in the Sonic bracket! Btw, I'll be using my real name as my artist name throughout this compo ("Ivan Hakštok". or "Ivan Hakstok" if you have trouble with weird letters :P). Saying this in case you need it for sigs/charts and stuff.

Sure thing, thanks! :-D