SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2014 [TheGuitahHeroe wins - complete ZIP available!]

SuperiorX

Nice work there Matt! I got a good kick out of Brandon's that's for sure xD

In the buildup to the compo, I can officially say that SEGA Mixer Drive will go for full coverage on this one.

During the 2012 compo you heard some of the tracks on Saturday Night SEGA, and often all of the tracks as of Round 3 onwards. But I'm in to help reach out for some extra voters as well, so as unbiased as possible, I will play all tracks posted for the duration of this compo, and see how if any of the RS crowd will make a decision on the tracks posted.

Also Matt, i'll need to contact you on Facebook about something soon xD

Urgh! Rexy, that is both super cool and quite terrifying! Why? Pressure to make the track better of course! I'm usually content to post whatever I have into competitions (it's much better to do that even if you're not satisfied with the track yourself, in my opinion), but if you're going to play it to the public.. that does raise the bar significantly! Not saying that you shouldn't do it, quite the contrary, that's pretty awesome!

--Eino

Urgh! Rexy, that is both super cool and quite terrifying! Why? Pressure to make the track better of course! I'm usually content to post whatever I have into competitions (it's much better to do that even if you're not satisfied with the track yourself, in my opinion), but if you're going to play it to the public.. that does raise the bar significantly! Not saying that you shouldn't do it, quite the contrary, that's pretty awesome!

--Eino

What he said, but with more tears and an English accent.

Nice work there Matt! I got a good kick out of Brandon's that's for sure xD

In the buildup to the compo, I can officially say that SEGA Mixer Drive will go for full coverage on this one.

During the 2012 compo you heard some of the tracks on Saturday Night SEGA, and often all of the tracks as of Round 3 onwards. But I'm in to help reach out for some extra voters as well, so as unbiased as possible, I will play all tracks posted for the duration of this compo, and see how if any of the RS crowd will make a decision on the tracks posted.

Also Matt, i'll need to contact you on Facebook about something soon xD

Yes! :) Plus, it'll be a good time for European listeners... :D

--Eino

Eino, I understand your concerns as to how tracks would get received. But generally, the RS side is pretty chill and open; I may say I have standards on the air, but they can be more lenient than you think.

As I often say on the air, "if they covered a SEGA tune and did a 'lot of class' (my way of saying they had fun with it), then it's in." Just hang loose, have fun and be yourself :)

That's awesome! Thanks for playing all the tracks! The SZRC 2012 did have a pretty good reception around here, so I'm really hoping a lot of people check out the tracks and vote this time around too! That'll be cool if some more of the RS crowd drops by too. For that reason alone, yeah I'd definitely want all the tracks to get fair/equal playing time on the show and for there to be no public endorsements of specific songs. Of course it's cool to say a few things you liked about each track, but I wouldn't want it to be something like "oh this is great, go vote for X person's song".

I'm just hoping to squeak through round 1, knock Halc out in round 2 again, and then lose to Brandon's heartfelt rendition of Butt Hill zone in round 3. :razz:

hahahaha, I didn't realize two of your three SZRC 2012 opponents are in the same bracket as you again this year :-D

Just a little over one week until the Sonic Bracket begins!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

I didn't really talk about it, just threw up the link, so here it is:
, and this is the Sonic Bracket playlist, all 26 songs!

Cool, thanks for putting that together! I added this and the Robotnik Bracket playlist that Flexstyle created to the bottom of the Roster Spreadsheet for people to access!

Maybe instead of the Lizard / Pancake rivalry, we could simply join forces, and make lizard pancakes?

Or maybe I could just pretend to want peace so I could infiltrate your supple, pancake asses and take you out from the inside!

YOU'RE GOING DOWN PANCAKES

BUTTCAKES? :shock:

So a little bit of a shake-up... DjjD is going to have to drop out of the compo cause he will be unavailable for a few weeks now when the Robotnik Bracket was supposed to start. Luckily, Phonetic Hero has agreed to step-in in his place! Since the compo hasn't officially started yet, this works out fine. He is going to be mixing

as his Zone choice. This pick doesn't conflict with anyone else's #1 pick.

I've reached out to BlackPanther to see if he wants Mystic Cave back as his Zone choice since he lost it to DjjD during the zone draft.

In other news.... Sonic Bracket starts in one week!!!!!!!! :-D

So a little bit of a shake-up... DjjD is going to have to drop out of the compo cause he will be unavailable for a few weeks now when the Robotnik Bracket was supposed to start. Luckily, Phonetic Hero has agreed to step-in in his place! Since the compo hasn't officially started yet, this works out fine. He is going to be mixing
as his Zone choice. This pick doesn't conflict with anyone else's #1 pick.

I've reached out to BlackPanther to see if he wants Mystic Cave back as his Zone choice since he lost it to DjjD during the zone draft.

In other news.... Sonic Bracket starts in one week!!!!!!!! :-D

ph? since when did we start to allow noobs in this compo?