SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2014 [TheGuitahHeroe wins - complete ZIP available!]

SuperiorX

I've done remixing both ways before: sometimes I write out the whole arrangement using mostly basic sounds or placeholders (if I had a really specific idea in mind) and then go back through and select the appropriate instrumentation, whereas others times I'll write section by section and do the majority of sound design and production stuff as I go along (if I didn't have a specific arrangement in mind). I guess I don't really have a preferred method, as I rarely go into this with a plan, it's more like just whatever happens :razz:

I'm doing ok with my track so far this week. I wrote the majority of the arrangement on Sunday, but a lot of the sections are pretty rough and will need a lot of work to sound cohesive. Hot Crater is proving a little difficult to work with and I'm not sure I'm enjoying Metropolis quite as much as I thought I would thus far, haha. I'm pretty busy during the week, so I anticipate I'll finish the rest of my mix on Saturday. I'm sure it'll all work out though :-D

The Jason Covenant vs. ladyWildfire throwdown was a fun twist too, I'm intrigued to hear what you two come up with. I'm definitely excited to hear all these remixes! Let's go for no drops!!!

Edited by SuperiorX

If I have time, I'll try to fit in a cameo from Marble Madness!
If I may suggest, the Beginner Race from Marble Madness has a similar rhythm to Marble Zone, although the bass line of the Silly Race has some similarities to Marble Garden. They'd actually mesh quite nicely.
Oh glob, the only way I can fit my two sources together well is to write it in a major key. I never write in major, it sounds too weird and happy to me.
Funny, I listened to Endless Mine for the first time just to see if I could hear what you meant, and it immediately sounded to me like a sad song of lost love, if you slowed it down by just a few BPM.