SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2014 [TheGuitahHeroe wins - complete ZIP available!]

SuperiorX

Danger is lurking around every turn

Trust your feelings, gotta LIVE AND LEARN

I know with some luck that we'll make it through

Got no other option, only ONE THING TO DOOO-OOO-o-o-o-o-- </

>

:wink:

Hahaha! That is totally Endless Mine! That is awesome. I'm going to hear those lyrics every time I hear that theme now. Kind of like when I hear the MM2 Wily music I always hear "makin' the bacon" now. I've caught myself singing that more than once. Thanks Brandon :-P

Is anyone close to completion just out of curiosity? I'm just wrapping things up with my mix right now, should be all done in about an hour. I'm really pleased with how mine turned out, and it's even better I finished early because I will basically have no time to work on the mix from Thurs - Sunday. I'm very excited to hear everyone's mixes!

And come on Brandon! We need you! What would Nicolas Cage do?

I have about 1 minute of material now, and things seem to be coming together a bit better. I still need to write lyrics (or even just come up with a topic!) but I know what melody I'll be using. I think tonight will be spent filling out the rest of the song and writing basic melodic parts. I'm aiming for about 3.5-4 minutes, so it'll be a pretty short mix by my standards. :P

My arrangement is basically done, it just needs a lot of polish now. I'll finish it up on Saturday.

I think we've heard from most people... Arrow, Xenonetix, Disambiguity, how are you guys doing?

Disambiguity's one of my close friends from college. He said he's doing ok and is on track to be done by Friday night (I think) because he's busy all Saturday.

What about Max-E? I haven't seen him post in here either... unless you've gotten statuses outside of OCR's forum?

Yeah I've been chatting with him on FB. He was really excited earlier in the week. I need to check on how he's doing tho :-D

Disambiguity's one of my close friends from college. He said he's doing ok and is on track to be done by Friday night (I think) because he's busy all Saturday.

Cool!

As a friendly reminder, mixes for Round 1 of the Sonic Bracket are due this Sunday, February 2nd at 12pm (Noon) ET. The link includes a clock/countdown for your time zone. Just under 3 days remaining! When turning in your track, please remember:

• Send me your mixes via PM here on the forums (or FB/email; however you normally contact me) with a link to a reliable host to download your track from (Dropbox or box.com preferred).
  • Send me your songs in 16bit, 44.1KHz WAV format. Do not send MP3s.
  • If your song contains vocals, please also include lyrics in a text doc.
  • Please review the file name specifics in the first post

The Robotnik Bracket Round 1 will also commence this Sunday, February 2nd at 12pm (Noon) ET. Individual match-ups will be announced at that time! Mixes will be due on Sunday, February 9th at 12pm (Noon) ET. Voting for Round 1 of the Sonic Bracket will take place during that same time. Be sure to join the SZRC Social Group so you can place your votes!

...also, I just got halc's song for Round 1. 1 down, 15 to go! :-D

I may have accidentally invented a new genre.

oooh? I'm intrigued!