SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2014 [TheGuitahHeroe wins - complete ZIP available!]

SuperiorX

The ideas for my song unfortunately didn't start flowing until today, but I've been trying to get as much last minute work on it as I could!

And then, of course, my PC started acting up. Like, shutdown to low-power mode, red warning light shining on motherboard, the works. I've gotten it back up and running and am going to try and pull an all-nighter if necessary to finish and submit the mix now, in hopes I can get it in before my computer blows up or something.

I completed my track earlier today and I received tracks from Amphibious, Trism, and DJ Max-E tonight, so that makes 6 total so far. 10 to go! You guys have roughly 12 hours left before the deadline tomorrow!!!

And then, of course, my PC started acting up. Like, shutdown to low-power mode, red warning light shining on motherboard, the works. I've gotten it back up and running and am going to try and pull an all-nighter if necessary to finish and submit the mix now, in hopes I can get it in before my computer blows up or something.

Aww man, I hope you can work through the computer issues Jarel! Good luck! :-D

@wildfire Can you submit a remix if there is more than one source? Or will you have to go back to the mix and make it only with one source? I've never submitted a remix before and I'd like to be an OC ReMixer :3

Yea you can sub a mix with multiple sources, but I think you have to pick a primary. In my case it doesn't matter because I didn't use very much of my own source.

Yea you can sub a mix with multiple sources, but I think you have to pick a primary. In my case it doesn't matter because I didn't use very much of my own source.
Yeah, the database and file-naming convention they use requires one game to be considered primary, but I can think of mixes that use half a dozen sources, or that come from 3 or 4 games. They just have to all meet the OCR criteria--any use of of a non-game source could put a mix in trouble.

Cool, I may submit my mix then. I may go back to it and do some fine-tuning though, since I made mine in like 3 days... I'd really put some more TLC into it if I can! Thanks guys, and I'm looking forward to hearing all of your mixes tomorrow!! I won't be able to until the evening but I'll be having my own personal listening party :D

Sorry everyone, but my PC problems didn't get any better; I'm actually typing from my laptop right now. It quit on me shortly after I posted last night and I can't get the machine back on to get my track off of it this morning either, so I'm pretty much out of action for the forseeable future (well, I do have FL on this laptop, but the laptop's so underpowered that it's only good for putting down base ideas to move to the nonfunctioning desktop later, and my Mac laptop has Ableton Live 9 Lite installed, but I haven't yet touched that and don't know how to really use it). There's definitely gonna be at least one default this week. :(

Good luck to everyone else!

Well, this has been a disaster. Pretty hard to sing when you're losing your voice. I kept working at it and it just kept getting worse. I've only managed to successfully record two lines of one verse. That 2 lines of vocals and no remix. Not gonna cut it.

So I'm reaching into my desperate tricks bag to see what I can do in the next hour, 20 mins. (I need an hour to render and upload.) It's SZRC, OHC style.

I've received tracks from Xenonetix, Disambiguity, Sir_NutS, and ladyWildfire. Which puts us at 10 tracks total so far. I still need tracks from Jason Covenant, Arrow, Ivan Hakstok, Cash, jnWake, and Brandon Strader. You guys still have 1 hour!!! The Robotnik Round 1 match-ups will be announced at this time too!

It sounded like Arrow and Brandon weren't going to be able to turn something in, so that just leaves us with the other 4, if so! Like I've said before I highly encourage people to turn in a WIP still even if your song isn't finished. It's better to at least turn something in for these match-ups instead of dropping out.

Well, this has been a disaster. Pretty hard to sing when you're losing your voice. I kept working at it and it just kept getting worse. I've only managed to successfully record two lines of one verse. That 2 lines of vocals and no remix. Not gonna cut it.

So I'm reaching into my desperate tricks bag to see what I can do in the next hour, 20 mins. (I need an hour to render and upload.) It's SZRC, OHC style.

Sorry everyone, but my PC problems didn't get any better; I'm actually typing from my laptop right now. It quit on me shortly after I posted last night and I can't get the machine back on to get my track off of it this morning either, so I'm pretty much out of action for the forseeable future
I am really sorry jnWake and others... just the worst timing possible, between working a double friday night, then sleeping a double, then Groundhog Day I shouldn't have procrastinated as long as I did because I ended up not having time :cry:

Good luck Jason! It's a bummer to hear you were losing your voice, I hope you get something in!

I'm sorry you were having issues Jarel :( So it sounds like you can't even get a render of what you had started off your other machine?

Edited by SuperiorX