SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2014 [TheGuitahHeroe wins - complete ZIP available!]

SuperiorX

Random thoughts and comments, non-comprehensive, mostly intended as constructive criticism:

• Sterling: There's a decent arrangement in there somewhere, but the instruments are just really, really bad. That ...kick...thing... is pretty annoying, and everything else just sounds thin, lifeless, and badly balanced. With better volume levels, some reverb, and better percussion it wouldn't be half bad.
  • Garpocalypse: You're one of those remixers who's getting better by leaps and bounds lately. You have no idea how much I was expecting, and hoping, for a sax to kick in during this mix. Some "wrong" notes starting at 2:21.
  • DusK: Seems to be lacking in the low end. Timpani is a little lifeless. Lead solo violin sounds pretty bad, it's really thin, fakey, and mechanical. Great arrangement, though.
  • Eino: Awesome that the title works out so well in your native language. Overkill on the snare, and the guitar is kind of muddy. Not a whole lot of variation.
  • BrothaDom: Sometimes your lead and accompaniment aren't in the same key, so watch that. Rapping is pretty unenthusiastic, good rapping sort of shouts! Each! Word!
  • BlackPanther: Smooth but quiet and a little short.
  • Chernabogue: Now that's some belly-quivering bass! Brass isn't very convincing, though. Even I can hear the overcompression making the brass, ooh's, and violins throb. And the timpani starts getting fatiguing by the end.
  • Arceace: I really like the arrangement, but the disparate volume levels are painful. Some of the "blips" are really loud.

[*]Garpocalypse: You're one of those remixers who's getting better by leaps and bounds lately.

[

thanks Mindwanderer! Sometimes you don't realize how long you have been working against yourself and when you finally discover something you could be doing better other things start to click.

...Just ask Superior about those stems I sent him over the summer. :)

I hope all the Sonics are making good progress on their tracks! Mine is coming along fairly well :smile:

...Just ask Superior about those stems I sent him over the summer. :)

Why were there 5 bass channels?! All your bass are belong to me :razz: But yeah you're definitely getting better and better Gar. Your song this round was slick. I'll comment more when I give my full reviews later this week.

I hope all the Sonics are making good progress on their tracks! Mine is coming along fairly well :smile:

Why were there 5 bass channels?! All your bass are belong to me :razz: But yeah you're definitely getting better and better Gar. Your song this round was slick. I'll comment more when I give my full reviews later this week.

I told you that you were going to have a good laugh when I sent you those. :<

5 seperate bass tracks

3 or 4 pads

2 sequence loops

and a different lead for each 8 bar phrase.

I had no idea why that wasn't sounding like I wanted it to...

Rage Reviews for the current round forthwithcoming!

I told you that you were going to have a good laugh when I sent you those. :<

5 seperate bass tracks

3 or 4 pads

2 sequence loops

and a different lead for each 8 bar phrase.

I had no idea why that wasn't sounding like I wanted it to...

Rage Reviews for the current round forthwithcoming!

when i first started using FL i didn't know what patterns were for so i recorded literally everything in one go

whoops, messed up. have to delete the entire thing and start over

when i first started using FL i didn't know what patterns were for so i recorded literally everything in one go

That's pretty much still me. It's why I hate changing arrangements SOOOOO MUCHHHH

But regardless, you learn new ways to do things every day.

I learned something new today. Did you!?!?!1?

EDIT:

Also, when people change my name in the voting threads I laugh every time. I goddamned love that stuff. <3

Edited by Tuberz McGee

A few voting reminders, since we're about 3 days in:

* Flexstyle still has 4 matchups to vote in (Gar/DusK, therex/Dom, Chernabogue/Arceace and his own) for his other 3 to count.

* urdailywater also has 4 left (Tuberz/Sterling, Gar/DusK, therex/Dom and his own).

* Shrackattack has only voted in the Chernabogue/Arceace matchup so far and would need to do the other 6 for that vote to count.

* And wch090 is missing the Gar/DusK matchup.

You'll be punching yourself in the teeth if you miss out after Sunday morning :)

Maxie's track and mine refuse to meld together.

Frustration level: 8999

EDIT: Thankfully I have friends who, unlike me, are actually talented! thanks for giving me a hand Jason-Sensei :D song is progressing steadily now.

Hopefully Maxie is able to make progress too, since it sounded like he hadn't started yet as of Wednesday. We can't have deez NutS advance by default again! :-P