SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2014 [TheGuitahHeroe wins - complete ZIP available!]

SuperiorX

Everyone is afraid of facing Sir_Nuts. I feel like this is the 4th or 5th time in one of these competitions that he's had an opponent quaking in their boots too scared to submit.

Excuse you sir; my computer exploded. I ain't afraid of no NutS. :-D

EDIT: In retrospect, I guess you could make the claim that my computer was afraid of NutS, but that idea's actually scary on a whole different level.

Hey Robotniks, I hope all is going well with mixing this week! All of these match-ups are epic and I'm eagerly awaiting the results! From what I've been reading in this thread and elsewhere, it sounds like there is a lot of good stuff in the works! My birthday is this weekend and the best way to celebrate will be to have all 8 mixes turned in :wink: You guys didn't disappoint in Round 1! :-D

Also: I know Darkesword already mentioned this too... but in regards to some messages in the voting thread being "moderated". I can see these posts too (since I am a mod of the Social Group), so I've been approving these daily. No worries! Thanks!

Edited by SuperiorX

TheGuitahHeroe - I'm completely terrified of potentially facing you next round if the voting goes in both of our favors.

Where I'm at right now. :tomatoface:

In all seriousness, I seem to have taken a page out of Matt's smoov groov book and have about 50 seconds of material THAT ACTUALLY HAS NO CHIPS IN IT AT ALL WTF

That awkward moment when none of the remixers in this round have voted yet cause we're either a) waiting to see how things play out, B) waiting to see how one another votes, or c) each song is too good to decide between. Hehe. The mixes were all great this week and the voting is so close in each matchup so far! I'm loving it! :-D

That awkward moment when none of the remixers in this round have voted yet cause we're either a) waiting to see how things play out, B) waiting to see how one another votes, or c) each song is too good to decide between. Hehe. The mixes were all great this week and the voting is so close in each matchup so far! I'm loving it! :-D

This honestly is a really difficult round to vote on. Each match up seems to be of similar quality and tone (in my opinion) so it's hard to even use personal taste as a tie-breaker.

I voted! Listened to the tracks many times to make my decisions.

On wildfire vs halc I went with halc mainly because the arrangement was more varied. Both songs are pretty good, fun arrangements and nice vocals. wildfire shows a lot of progression in the vocal production from Round 1 too!

On Hakstock vs Amphibious I went with Amphibious because I could recognize the sources more easily. Again, both songs are very good, Hak's is very energetic and has nice playing with a few rough spots. Amph's song has an amazing groove, very clean production and some lovely chords. The guitar also adds a nice touch.

On me vs SuperiorX I went with me because I'm an ass :razz: Nah, honestly, I felt my source usage was more balanced between the two songs. Production in Superior's song is clearer and sharper but I have a hard time finding the Sky Road usage, while Metropolis is very evident.

I also loved Sir Nuts' track. Nice production and vibe!

I voted! Listened to the tracks many times to make my decisions.

On wildfire vs halc I went with halc mainly because the arrangement was more varied. Both songs are pretty good, fun arrangements and nice vocals. wildfire shows a lot of progression in the vocal production from Round 1 too!

On Hakstock vs Amphibious I went with Amphibious because I could recognize the sources more easily. Again, both songs are very good, Hak's is very energetic and has nice playing with a few rough spots. Amph's song has an amazing groove, very clean production and some lovely chords. The guitar also adds a nice touch.

On me vs SuperiorX I went with me because I'm an ass :razz: Nah, honestly, I felt my source usage was more balanced between the two songs. Production in Superior's song is clearer and sharper but I have a hard time finding the Sky Road usage, while Metropolis is very evident.

I also loved Sir Nuts' track. Nice production and vibe!

Bizarrely, I voted in favor of Hakstok for the same reason you were more in favor of Amph. Think I'll need to re-listen to the latter and see if I could find the elements of Azure Lake I couldn't spot before. xD (hey, it happened eventually with Shaggy's entry last week!)

Still it appears that we don't have any votes left outstanding from what I can see. Keep it up all :)

[EDIT: Also, going by the vote totals so far... when did I miss the memo being "Vote Against Rexy's Picks Week"? :lol: ]

Edited by Rexy

Sorry, sorry. I've just been finding it a tad difficult to find the time to sit down and actually get voting on these this week. Plus, this was a really difficult round for me to vote on. I mean ....jeeeez ...wow! O_O

halc vs wildfire:

Oh MAN! Without a single doubt in my mind, out of all the match ups and rounds we've had this year and 2012's contest, this has to be my favourite round ever. Hands down!

halc's beat was so on point, i nearly tried to made another guest appearance again, but i had to tear myself away from this tune as it wasn't my place to jump on. This was definitely a rematch of epic proportions and as much as i utterly loved what halc did with the source and that funky ass beat i just didn't want to 'appear' just for the sake of it. This was his battle, i didn't want to distract him from it.

halc, my man! Bro, i don't know how you're doing it, but you are the fastest evolving MC i've seen in all my time doing this. You have probably only rapped on about 6 songs in total since you've started, but in each one you have progressively gotten sharper and more in time with your flow. I'm not some kinda sensei or some shit but it makes me proud to hear just how well you've developed your style in such a short amount of time. Seriously, people. I don't know how he's doing it. I gave the vote to you because this rapping thing is something you're new to but bloody hell are you really taking it on board and running with it.

Wildfire. I swear, if you had taken on anybody else in the WORLD for this round then i would have given you my vote for this song in a heartbeat. Hell, Michael Jackson himself could rise from the grave with Tupac to battle you here and i still probably would have given you the vote, lol. You may never know how much i truly loved what you did to this track. And you had to get my good ol' friend Level 99 in on it too, apparently the dude can rap now. Does this mean that after 7 something years this guy has finally levelled up? XD Seriously though, this song is like an easter egg that keeps on giving. A pingas egg. Yeah! :D

It's true, i had your chorus stuck in my head for ages ..which never sounds good when you find yourself accidentally singing it in public, lol. It was funny, clever, full of innuendo and i honestly love it. Great track. Not that the pair of you didn't already have it before, but you've won my respect!

Sir_Nuts

How do we know this dude isn't just visiting his competition every week and sniping them off from across the street? o_O

Lol, man. Seriously though, great track. I just wish i had something to put it up against but since you lack an opponent (again) i'll give you your dues and say good job, well done, man!

Hakstock vs Amphibious

Had to go with Amphy here. That was funky as hell, Amph. And i'm really digging that sound, that was wicked! It's got a great pace to it, just gliding beautifully along. Nice one!

Hakstock. That was definitely a slick tune and i really loved the guitar work in this. Regardless of my vote, this was a solid round for both contestants.

SuperiorX vs jnWake

Daaaamn. I have not voted yet. I don't know how i'm going to vote. SupX's synth work is just always top tier, i dig this guys wizardry SO much! But jnWake ...wtf ...that was some smooth shit you just pulled. That's that 'midnight driving through London city' kinda sound that i like. I wasn't expecting this! D:

I'm so honestly torn here, i don't know. Do i go with SupX's synths that i'm a major fan of ...or jnWake's smooth as hell track which surprised me the most this round?

I'll have to think it over some more, but seriously, you both did fantastic work.

This has probably been the toughest round for me, considering halc's AWESOME rematch with Wildfire and SupX vs jnWake has left me in a bit of a pickle.

Great work, all of you. Seriously.

Edited by DiGi Valentine