SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2014 [TheGuitahHeroe wins - complete ZIP available!]

SuperiorX

That and the credits were my favorites from Tekken 2. Pete if you were such a tekken fan WHY DIDN'T WE HAVE A FEW ROUNDS AT MAG!?!? :) Trying to play smash bros ended up hurting my ego.

Lee Chaolan 4 lyf

I did end up playing some Tekken 3 with my brother and Beth, fun times! But no Lee :'(

Also Kazuya's theme from 2 is absolutely brilliantly composed, that's my other favorite

Edited by Phonetic Hero

I figured there'd be a few folks who were put off by the wubbles, as I know they can be polarizing. I mostly made this track with live sets in mind, actually, as I've got a couple other songs in my rotation that are about this tempo, so they needed a buddy. :-)

Don't worry, I don't plan on relying on wubs very much from here on out. Need to live up to mah name!

I'm not biased against them, and I think they're pretty solid in context. :)

So after 2 days so far, quick reminder on where we are with outstanding votes:

* Flexstyle still needs to vote in his own matchup (don't be ashamed bro :))

* On the flipside TheGuitahHeroe is yet to vote in all the matchups that AREN'T his own

* Brandon Strader has so far only contributed to Timberz McBieber vs Grrrpocalypse and should do the other rounds to make that vote count

* And the same applies to wch090 albeit with TGH vs therex.

Other than that, interesting outcomes so far; I'll keep a good eye on this one :)

aaannd I just found a new netlabel I like, and discovered a new EDM (sub)genre I like (breakcore). Thanks Pete!

Excellent! That was the reason for posting. Here are my two other favorites from Lapfox, followed closely by this one. If you can get past the title, track 4 is my favorite off of that album

Pete, awesome you brought up Tekken 2; at the time, the boss fight against Devil was one of the most somber final boss themes I had come across and adds a whole darkened perspective to the tournament's development at that point.

And considering another Lapfox artist (albeit Kitcaliber) inspired a track in the previous SZRC, why am I not surprised in seeing it happen again xD Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's just amazing to see where you gain some of your influences from.

Kudos man :)

I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO DRUMS. Renard's drum sequencing puts me to shame, and I can't have that. That's my thing!

Excellent! That was the reason for posting. Here are my two other favorites from Lapfox, followed closely by this one. If you can get past the title, track 4 is my favorite off of that album

I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO DRUMS. Renard's drum sequencing puts me to shame, and I can't have that. That's my thing!

Coincidentally, I've actually already listened to Robot Brainstranaut Blastoff and really like it; some of Renard's work I heard on Lap Trax 4 I really liked as well. And what exactly do you mean about his drum sequencing putting yours to shame? As a drummer, I'm quite frankly impressed by the drum work I hear in your songs.

Coincidentally, I've actually already listened to Robot Brainstranaut Blastoff and really like it; some of Renard's work I heard on Lap Trax 4 I really liked as well. And what exactly do you mean about his drum sequencing putting yours to shame? As a drummer, I'm quite frankly impressed by the drum work I hear in your songs.

Thanks dude! But no way. That groove in Pseudotriton at 0:47 is literally like the best drum groove in the whole world ever

I've had a bunch of music to do for school, so its been hard to get a start on my mix this week :< I have a short little bit just to get the ball rolling, and I should have some time a little later this week to really hammer it out. Dunno how it'll shape up but I've got some ideas!

I'll get around to voting for this week soon too. There are some sweet mixes and tough choices again!