SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2014 [TheGuitahHeroe wins - complete ZIP available!]

SuperiorX

Here's some notes after my votes:

TheGitarooHero - Very solid. This is probably one of the best produced/engineered remixes I’ve heard in this compo. Composition is really solid too.

SeriesOfTuberz McGee - The vocals just didn’t seem to really work with this song. The faster spoken vocals felt out of place for me. The harmonized ones didn’t seem to be timed very well with the music. The music itself was fine, though. Some of it was hard to hear under the vocals.

Flextone - I would have cut a bit more of the low end out of the vocals. They got a little bit lost in the mix for me. Nice fast groove, though, and lovely guitar work. The vocals near the end had a much better sound!

Protogenic Hero - Solid tune. The drums near the middle seemed to overshadow the lead line for me. I would have liked the drums a bit farther back there or maybe panned a little more. Sometimes the drums felt like that had too much bite.

Edited by theshaggyfreak

Flextone - I would have cut a bit more of the low end out of the vocals. They got a little bit lost in the mix for me. Nice fast grove, though, and lovely guitar work. The vocals near the end had a much better sound!

I absolutely agree about the vocals. I used my worst microphone to record them, since it was what was in front of me and plugged in at the time, and I really didn't give them the TLC they needed. I even used *shudder* Soundgoodizer as a main compressor on them. Just wanted something recorded very quickly.

Besides isn't punk rock all about breaking the rules or something? OI, SCREW YOU MATE, I'MMA RECORD WOTEVAH I WANT! :tomatoface:

Also, seriously, MAD PROPS to my bros OA (lead) and Level99 (all other electric guitar parts). Stevo in particular went way above and beyond, and those rhythm guitars really make the song.

At this point, I don't care if I lose. This was the song I wanted to make. First time ever doing a song with zero synthetic elements, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. That pop punk stuff was what I grew up on, so it's immensely satisfying to actually have done a song that sounds like my childhood. :-D

Edited by Flexstyle

Not too bad going into the middle of the week!

A quick reminder going to wch090 though; you still need to vote in the Flex/PH matchup. Otherwise, turnout's doing okay.

Lol. Wch090 has only voted in one matchup every single round, so since we only had one matchup last round it was actually the first time his/her votes have counted. People need to vote in each matchup for the round! ;-)

Wch090 has only voted in one matchup every single round

Not according to the stats that I've been keeping as well. Wch didn't vote in the previous two Sonic rounds, in Robotnik R1 there was no vote given to Garpocalypse/DusK, and Robotnik R2 indeed showed only one vote in the TGH/therex matchup.

But I guess you're not so far off :razz:

I hope Amphibious and ladyWildfire are cooking up something good this week!!!!!!!!

Not according to the stats that I've been keeping as well. Wch didn't vote in the previous two Sonic rounds, in Robotnik R1 there was no vote given to Garpocalypse/DusK, and Robotnik R2 indeed showed only one vote in the TGH/therex matchup.

But I guess you're not so far off :razz:

Well I may have exaggerated a bit, but regardless the last round (Sonic Round 3) was the first time the vote actually counted :-P

I hope Amphibious and ladyWildfire are cooking up something good this week!!!!!!!!

uhhhhh.... I haven't really started yet. I have the two sources' midis in my DAW, but so far I don't have any material that I like. I'm hoping after tonight (which consists of beers and watching a terrible movie with my friends from home through Google Hangouts) I'll be in a better mood to compose.

How's yours coming, Amph?

uhhhhh.... I haven't really started yet. I have the two sources' midis in my DAW, but so far I don't have any material that I like. I'm hoping after tonight (which consists of beers and watching a terrible movie with my friends from home through Google Hangouts) I'll be in a better mood to compose.

How's yours coming, Amph?

You know, Matt sacrificed his life so that we could have a worthwhile match up this round. Don't disrespect Matt's memory!

You know, Matt sacrificed his life so that we could have a worthwhile match up this round. Don't disrespect Matt's memory!

I made a lot of headway tonight, and I'm sure I'll be able to flesh it out and polish it up by Saturday.

And I was correct in thinking good friends, a bad movie, and lots of red wine would help my creativity!

I made a lot of headway tonight, and I'm sure I'll be able to flesh it out and polish it up by Saturday.

And I was correct in thinking good friends, a bad movie, and lots of red wine would help my creativity!

These forums don't have a "like" button, so I have to do it this way instead.

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌██┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌┌┌┌██┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌┌┌┌┌┌████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌████████████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌████████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█████████┌┌

███┌┌┌┌█████████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█████┌

██┌┌┌███████┌████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌

██┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌

███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌█████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌

┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌████████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌

┌┌████████████┌┌┌████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌

┌███┌██████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌

┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌

┌┌████┌████┌██████████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██┌

┌┌┌████████████┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌

┌┌┌┌██┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███████┌┌

┌┌┌┌████┌┌┌┌┌┌████████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌████████┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌████████████┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌█┌█┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌███┌┌┌┌┌┌█████┌┌█████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██████████████████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌██████████████┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌┌

I've had to work on my music for school the last few days, plus I got a little sick Monday, but after my composition lesson today I'm gonna get some solid work in on my track! Ideas are cooking, and I'll have a good amount of time the next few days to get it all worked out.

Sadly, it will not be bluegrass, electrograss, or some variant of technomanga. At least, I don't THINK it will be :P

For some reason I found this very funny. Don't let my competition death be in vain! :lol: hahaha.)

Wait...you mean an OCR judge doesn't come to your house and, you know, snuff you if you lose?

EDIT: yeah, Taylor, I could've inserted an image of a Facebook Like icon, but I thought it'd be better to date myself by posting ASCII art

Edited by orlouge82