SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2014 [TheGuitahHeroe wins - complete ZIP available!]

SuperiorX

Just a little over 24 hours until the Sonic Bracket Finals are due!! I hope ladyWildfire and Amphibious are making good progress!!! :mrgreen:

We still have 24 hours to vote on the Robotnik Bracket Round 3 tracks too! We haven't had a ton of votes at this point, but I'm honestly a little surprised both match-ups have been so one-sided thus far in the voting. I really enjoyed all 4 tracks this week! Nice job to each of you.

OK! The first post has been updated with the Sonic Bracket Round 4 entries from ladyWildfire and Amphibious. It looks to be an exciting finals!

The Robotnik Bracket Round 4 finals are set between TheGuitahHeroe and Phonetic Hero! Tracks are due next Sunday, March 23rd at 12pm (noon) ET! 32 have entered, now only 4 remain. Who will be this year's SZRC Champion?!?! :)

I don't even have work or school all week and I still think I'm going to die before Saturday

I hear you...this is the first week of the compo where I haven't had something IRL take up half my week hahaha...

Although my 21st birthday is on Friday. That means in all likelihood I won't be even halfway functional come Saturday :P

I have the bulk of mine done as of now, really just finishing touches to do now. Should be submitted either today or tomorrow

I have the bulk of mine done as of now, really just finishing touches to do now. Should be submitted either today or tomorrow

My mind is blown on how you can get most of it done so early in the week. No matter how much I work on the mix throughout the week, consistently 85% of my work is done between the hours of 10pm and 3am the Saturday before the deadline.

I guess I just need to feel the pressure. :tomatoface:

My mind is blown on how you can get most of it done so early in the week. No matter how much I work on the mix throughout the week, consistently 85% of my work is done between the hours of 10pm and 3am the Saturday before the deadline.

I guess I just need to feel the pressure. :tomatoface:

For me it really all depends on how inspired I am (I'm extremely competitive, lol) and how well ideas flow for me... I've been fortunate enough throughout this compo to really not have any writers block at all so far, therefore I've been able to just kinda bang out my tracks in a few days.

I remember I got some SERIOUS writers block in the Mega Man remix compo in 2011 against Prophetik in the semis. It led me to attempt dubstep for the very first time....wasn't pretty :P

Edited by TheGuitahHeroe
autocorrect sucks

Is writer's block really that common? I always thought it was more of a rare event.

Depends on how you're defining writer's block - short bouts of difficulty coming up with something you're happy with, or longer, extremely frustrating periods of time where you can't make anything work

I get stuck at least once or twice a session when I write, and I'll either take a break or go to sleep and try again later. Sometimes it works, sometimes I'm still fucked.

This week I haven't even started on my Sonic mix because I'm still cramming to get 3 other tracks done by Saturday